Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Buffalo Game Thread - September 23, 2017

Add topic

I don't think anything is planned that is officially recognized…Alumni office doesn't have anything going on either… 
Back to the top

Hello Buffalo FAU alum, my wife and I are FAU football parents and she is from up state Dundee then Rochester. There will be several other FAU parents as well. Anyway we will be in a group of about 20 people with the upstate crowd. Please find us and join us, it will be a lot of fun. We usually greet the players coaches buses as they arrive. There will be tailgating, we should be easy to find with our FAU gear. I don’t know the area but we can confirm a place to meet once we get there if we miss each other at first.
Back to the top

rsi424 said

Hello Buffalo FAU alum, my wife and I are FAU football parents and she is from up state Dundee then Rochester. There will be several other FAU parents as well. Anyway we will be in a group of about 20 people with the upstate crowd. Please find us and join us, it will be a lot of fun. We usually greet the players coaches buses as they arrive. There will be tailgating, we should be easy to find with our FAU gear. I don’t know the area but we can confirm a place to meet once we get there if we miss each other at first.
Posted On: Sep 21st 2017, 11:13 AM #371128

Just an FYI, you can use the PM system to communicate privately if you want to change numbers, e-mails, etc outside of plain site view…

Click "My Private Topics" in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

Glad to hear that you guys may be able to connect as well!

:cool:
Back to the top

rsi424, I'd love to meet up. When are you guys getting into town? I live 3 miles from campus/the stadium so I can recommend some places in the area if you're looking for something to do tonight or tomorrow since it's a 7:00 kick. Let me know and looking forward to meeting up.
Back to the top

FAU Buffalo, we just got our rental, we going to grab a bite at Anchor Bar on Transit St. We will be there till 1pm then back to the airport. I could not figure out how pm you because of your Guest, but I think you can pm me at rsi424.
Back to the top

Would be great to see a red-clad contingency of Owls on the telecast. I remember leaving the Buffalo game, walking past all of the UB fans celebrating as if they just won the Super Bowl. That was the lowest point of my fandom.

Be loud & be proud for all of us down here!

It looks like Azeez Al-Shaair will be a game-time decision. Will be huge to have the leader of the defense out there, but his health is most important. If he's not 100%, I don't think we should risk it; especially with conference play coming up.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Not going to the game but was recently in Buffalo and would strongly recommend Paula's Donuts if you get the chance - so good!
Back to the top

Rick said

I don't think anything is planned that is officially recognized…Alumni office doesn't have anything going on either… 
Posted On: Sep 21st 2017, 10:45 AM #371126

I was hoping Biergarten in Boca would start having "Watch Parties" similar to what Duffy's hosted a few year ago. Figured this is would make sense as they host the weekly radio show with Coach on Wednesdays.
Back to the top

kgailing said

Rick said

I was hoping Biergarten in Boca would start having "Watch Parties" similar to what Duffy's hosted a few year ago. Figured this is would make sense as they host the weekly radio show with Coach on Wednesdays.
Posted On: Sep 22nd 2017, 2:35 PM #371160

Biergarten doesn’t have any trouble getting people there on a Saturday night. So not really the place you would wanna have a FAU Watch party. 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

kgailing said

Rick said

Posted On: Sep 22nd 2017, 2:35 PM #371160

Biergarten doesn’t have any trouble getting people there on a Saturday night. So not really the place you would wanna have a FAU Watch party. 
Posted On: Sep 22nd 2017, 2:37 PM #371161

Good Point!!
Back to the top
Control functions: