Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Buffalo Game Thread - September 23, 2017

Add topic

Owl2Doc said

XcOWL said

Middle Tennessee is going to embarrass us next week with Driskel at the helm it's gonna feel much worse 🦉
Posted On: Sep 23rd 2017, 11:07 PM #371338

As demonstrated tonight, if Driskel is going to run this team we're going to be right back to last year's FAU.
Posted On: Sep 23rd 2017, 11:20 PM #371341

agreed. I just dont buy Coach K's explanation. I thought Parr did really well vs Wisconsin in the passing game as well as BCU. But hey I am just a fan, and not the coach.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

XcOWL said

Middle Tennessee is going to embarrass us next week with Driskel at the helm it's gonna feel much worse 🦉
Posted On: Sep 23rd 2017, 11:07 PM #371338

As demonstrated tonight, if Driskel is going to run this team we're going to be right back to last year's FAU.
Posted On: Sep 23rd 2017, 11:20 PM #371341

Welp – we are certainly on pace at 1 - 3 to be just where we have been the last 3 years when all is said and done.
Back to the top

The issue I have with Driskel is that he hasn't gotten much better since he came in for Quez agaisnt UM in 2015. His agility and willingness to take a hit while in the pocket has improved, but that's it.

But we can't blame all of this on Driskel guys. He really settled down after the first drive. Were all of his throws on point? Not at all, but he at  least didn't throw any more INTs. The defense deserves just as much blame, if not more, for their lack of tackling and poor positioning.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

If it's still an open competition then why does Lane not play both in the same game like everyone else. If the starters not feeling it or getting it done for an entire half why not see if the other guy can provide a spark or something.   Were our coaches thinking Driskell was going to have some miracle break thru in the 4th qtr after not showing any sign of life for 3 straight qtrs.

Same goes for the first 2 games when Parr wasn't producing much either.  Why didn't we throw Driskell a series or 2 to see what happened or to at the very least just get him back in live action so something like tonight doesn't happen.  Just odd
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

The issue I have with Driskel is that he hasn't gotten much better since he came in for Quez agaisnt UM in 2015. His agility and willingness to take a hit while in the pocket has improved, but that's it.

But we can't blame all of this on Driskel guys. He really settled down after the first drive. Were all of his throws on point? Not at all, but he at  least didn't throw any more INTs. The defense deserves just as much blame, if not more, for their lack of tackling and poor positioning.

Posted On: Sep 23rd 2017, 11:44 PM #371345

Correct he did hit willie Wright at the 50. Ball was Just dropped. 

But buffalo didn’t respect our passing game to start that second half. That holding call that called back singletary TD looks huge now too. The run was to the left and Brandon Walton the right tackle holds. What in the hell 
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Posted On: Sep 23rd 2017, 11:44 PM #371345

I'm not sold. Our offense was out of sync, especially between qb and receivers. passing game went out the window so they could stack the box and stuff the run. Driskel did settle down on the last drive of the game IMO. Too little to late. Their back up qb started throwing the ball and beat us. They had the ball twice as long as us!
Back to the top

Another thing, why did we give their receivers such a large cushion? UB has really utilized the long ball this year, but they KILLED us with their short passes. So many missed tackles as DBs were in full sprint to get the WRs turning up field after catching the ball from quick curl routes.

I've never seen us "respect' WRs speed like that before. And then continue to give all of that cushion while UB moves the sticks with short passes play after play. 

The lack of second half adjustments were appalling. We made a backup QB look like a Heisman Trophy contender. We found a way to make our talented defense look lost. When we needed it the most, there was no creativity, no swagger, and no passion. 

Hate to be that guy, but this was the same ole' Owls that have come to break our hearts week after week in years' past. Somebody tell me what's different. That we have more talent? Well every year, we've had more talent then the previous, just to throw away winnable games.

A lot of blame deserves to go around. Start with the coaches and work your way down, because pretty much everybody but Motor is at fault. Some played better than others, and some played fine; but fine isn't going to cut it. 

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

I gotta believe Lane will be recruiting his future QB this fall….he needs a true dual threat for our offense….I bet we do well if Johnson is able to comeback for some conference play….once Lane gets a real recruiting class or two, we'll see some real things happening…..how we do in our own conference is really the way to measure our improvement….
Posted On: Sep 23rd 2017, 10:33 PM #371324

I think we all are seeing how not having the Deandre Johnson we figured we were getting is going to kill this team.  On a side note, Chris Robinson was the #7 rated pro style QB in the country – yes, in the country – and he will be eligible next year to play. Won't matter if he's a dual threat or not, that kid is getting snaps immediately IMO. Unfortunately it looks like our QB situation will be shaky all year. As UB showed in the second half, let FAU beat you throwing the ball, because they can't. Doesn't help when WRs are dropping balls left and right either.
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Another thing, why did we give their receivers such a large cushion? UB has really utilized the long ball this year, but they KILLED us with their short passes. So many missed tackles as DBs were in full sprint to get the WRs turning up field after catching the ball from quick curl routes.

I've never seen us "respect' WRs speed like that before. And then continue to give all of that cushion while UB moves the sticks with short passes play after play. 

The lack of second half adjustments were appalling. We made a backup QB look like a Heisman Trophy contender. We found a way to make our talented defense look lost. When we needed it the most, there was no creativity, no swagger, and no passion. 

Hate to be that guy, but this was the same ole' Owls that have come to break our hearts week after week in years' past. Somebody tell me what's different. That we have more talent? Well every year, we've had more talent then the previous, just to throw away winnable games.

A lot of blame deserves to go around. Start with the coaches and work your way down, because pretty much everybody but Motor is at fault. Some played better than others, and some played fine; but fine isn't going to cut it. 
Posted On: Sep 24th 2017, 12:20 AM #371350

Agreed – and this is Buffalo we are talking about. We made Buffalo and their backup QB look like world beaters. News flash: Buffalo won 2 games last year. They may be slightly improved. The truth of the matter is they are not very good. When their starter was knocked out the game, we should have won – no excuses. The fact we played the way we did in the second half is very disturbing.
Back to the top

Every one is upset for the lack of info about injuries and such…this too is the Kiffen Effect. That is who he is. After calming down and letting it all sink in, I made a list of what I feel was the reasons we lost. Biggest to smallest. Run D. Their O line DOMINATED us. Pass d. Way too soft. Third was the QB play. Forth the WR play. When you look at the game as a whole, they drove the ball down field, slowly and methodically. They beat down our D. We got the ball and too many times within minutes had our D back on the field. I don't think we were out coached. I think their lines were better than our lines. We still have a few conference game where the same thing is going to happen. We only lost by three….but why does it feel like we were dominated. JMHU…we need to run 75%of the time. Our O line doesn't pan cake guys but they are good at keeping a body on the defender. Our RBs are real good.
Back to the top
Control functions: