Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Buffalo Game Thread - September 23, 2017

Add topic

Silver_Bullet32 said

I gotta believe Lane will be recruiting his future QB this fall….he needs a true dual threat for our offense….I bet we do well if Johnson is able to comeback for some conference play….once Lane gets a real recruiting class or two, we'll see some real things happening…..how we do in our own conference is really the way to measure our improvement….
Posted On: Sep 23rd 2017, 10:33 PM #371324

He is here already, Robison, transfer from Oklahoma. But gotta sit out a year!
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I believe Parr has a better arm than Driskel. Jason was doing exactly what he always has done. Take the snap, stare at the primary receiver, throw to him, even if he is covered. He has no deception at all. Very easy to defend and break on the ball. O line played well. RBs played well.QB ans WRs way below average. There is no way in heck we deserved to win this game.We need interior D linemen bad. And our LB are under sized. They play hard and fast . But still under sized. Well, I don't think I'll be traveling to see football in December. Now I can buy myself a bigger Christmas gift.
Posted On: Sep 23rd 2017, 10:41 PM #371327
Buffalo HAS a BIG O line for a MAC school. As big a any Big 10 school! Briles play calimg is really ehay he me (and Coach K) wondering. And McNeal 7 catches but for 40 some yards total????? Franklin, 1 carry?????
Back to the top

Rick said

"We thought Driskel played a little bit better during the week so we gave him a shot", said Coach Lane Kiffin.
Posted On: Sep 23rd 2017, 11:02 PM #371333
I thought he had and burned his chance in the 1st half personally coach!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Rick said

"We thought Driskel played a little bit better during the week so we gave him a shot", said Coach Lane Kiffin.
Posted On: Sep 23rd 2017, 11:02 PM #371333
I thought he had and burned his chance in the 1st half personally coach!
Posted On: Sep 24th 2017, 7:26 AM #371356

I think everyone in the world besides coach thought that.
Back to the top

Has to be more to the story...
Back to the top

teambeer said

Has to be more to the story…
Posted On: Sep 24th 2017, 9:09 AM #371359

Agreed – I just hope whatever the story is, Parr will play from here on out.
Back to the top

Kiffin played driskell to confuse other teams for films sake. He thought we were gonna squeak out a win but it just didn't happen. There's no way kiffin is that crazy to pull parr and not put him in when driskell sucks. That or Parr brought home 3 buffalo hookers the night before the game…

On another note, I watched part of the game while wandering around Disney, and from what I saw, I was impressed on the TD drives with the way we ran the ball. Angry about the dropped passes, but driskell still sucks and it's more his fault.

I'd be surprised if we didn't fire Briles if this keeps up.
Back to the top

Read Between the Lines said

Kiffin played driskell to confuse other teams for films sake. He thought we were gonna squeak out a win but it just didn't happen. There's no way kiffin is that crazy to pull parr and not put him in when driskell sucks. That or Parr brought home 3 buffalo hookers the night before the game…

On another note, I watched part of the game while wandering around Disney, and from what I saw, I was impressed on the TD drives with the way we ran the ball. Angry about the dropped passes, but driskell still sucks and it's more his fault.

I'd be surprised if we didn't fire Briles if this keeps up.
Posted On: Sep 24th 2017, 10:38 AM #371370

What is there to confuse, they were overjoyed.

If you've seen one tape you've seen the all.

Overthrown passes, and sacks.

Next.
Back to the top

Motor is so so good. It's amazing how calm he is in traffic, patient, finds holes and scoots. Guys just can't tackle him. 

We are incredibly lucky to have that kid playing for us.

I have chosen to believe Parr hooked up With kiffin's girlfriend and has served his 1 game suspension, back to normal next week.
Back to the top

Here is the difference between Driskell and Parr

Parr:
1.) Parr uses his progression and check downs.
2.) Will try and not take a unnecessary sack
3.) Puts velocity on the ball or touch when need.
4.) Will step up in the pocket or take off running if he has to.

Driskell
1.) takes too long to make a decision
2.) Floats too many passes to receivers allowing defenders to come over and make stops or break up the pass.
3.) stares down one receiver to much
4.) will stay in the pocket too long and take a unnecssary sack when he could run.
Back to the top
Control functions: