Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ FIU - Shula Bowl XV Game Thread - October 1, 2016

Add topic

I so agree

OwlBroker said

Partidge actually did retain Dewitt and kept him as our defensive coordinator when he first got here
Dewitt for reasons I don't know Dewitt quit and took a lb position coach job at army instead at that late point of the game Charlie got roc to take the job
Posted On: Oct 2nd 2016, 1:42 PM #360420
Exactly! Charlie was going to keep Dewitt, but said we are going to do things this way and Dewitt said peace.
If watch Florida high school kids play they play aggressive and even a bit out of control.
I was saying to a friend I almost wish i'd see that late hit every once in awhile because we were play too aggressive. This team reminds to much of Al Golden's coached UM teams.

I would love to see coach Corey Bell get a shot to be the intern coach. He is by far the best coach we have.
Back to the top

i KEEP HEARING LACK OF INTENSITY, EVEN IN PRE GAME AND HALFTIME ACTIONS AND SPIRIT.  AND ESPECIALLY AFTER THE WEATHER DELAYS.

NO EXCUSE FOR THIS, ANY DECENT TEAM SHOWS SPIRIT AND DETERMINATION. GET EM UP COACHES AND KEEP EM UP - PART OF YOUR JOB!
Back to the top

Ding ding ding!!!! 

Give the reins to Coach Bell!
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

I would love to see coach Corey Bell get a shot to be the intern coach. He is by far the best coach we have.
Posted On: Oct 2nd 2016, 5:54 PM #360455

DeWitt was a sitting duck here if he had stayed.  He was a smart guy.  He and Wright were kept on just to keep the fans happy about keeping some continuity during the transition. That's the only reason. They were not Charlie's guys and when things go South would have been the one's sacrificed first as we saw with Wright.  That's just the way this stuff works.
Back to the top

I sure hope President Kelly is getting all of the pieces in place to make a move tomorrow, I'm actually shocked we haven't heard anything today. 
Back to the top

Same. I thought Roc would get the boot at least.

What do you guys make of the players taking the blame for this, saying the coaches put them in the right position to win but the players didn't execute?

I'm sure our argument is Charlie's overall record is more telling then their effort this season

but

it's still interesting that the guys would go to bat for them like that. They have to know he's not doing well. He told them he needs to find a way to coach better. DeFranks had a video showing Charlie post-game on the field and you can tell how important he knew it was to win this and didn't.

Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

What do you guys make of the players taking the blame for this, saying the coaches put them in the right position to win but the players didn't execute?

I'm sure our argument is Charlie's overall record is more telling then their effort this season

but

it's still interesting that the guys would go to bat for them like that. They have to know he's not doing well. He told them he needs to find a way to coach better. DeFranks had a video showing Charlie post-game on the field and you can tell how important he knew it was to win this and didn't.

Posted On: Oct 2nd 2016, 9:06 PM #360469

I don't put much into that – that's the usual response when a coach is on the hot seat unless there is complete team mutiny. CP by all accounts is a good guy and I'm sure the players probably like him (and might feel bad for him). So I don't put anything in them taking up for him. Of course, this is sports – coaches don't get to stay because they may be nice guys or because players might like them. It simply has not worked and we need changes to save this program.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

but

Posted On: Oct 2nd 2016, 9:06 PM #360469

I am glad the players are taking some if not most responsibility as THEY ARE the oned=s dropping 5 passes and missing HOW FRIGGIN MANY TACKLES?

But the bottom line is the Coaches are being paid a lot of $$$ to put a WINNING team on the field and they have failed miserably so far (7-22). We win the games we gave given away and the record would be 16-13, not too bad and working on Bowl game number 3!

Like I said earlier, Charlie stays loyal to his friend he WILL lose his job, especially if the Administration (Chun OR Kelly) tell him too and he refuses. Then he could be fired with cause and …….

Put the team and the school first over your friendship Charlie, and do it yesterday!
Back to the top
Control functions: