Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ FIU - Shula Bowl XVII Game Thread - November 3, 2018

Add topic

Just saw the clip of the team singing the fight song. FIU's locker room (at least the visitor side) looks like the back of house at a Home Depot.
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

Just saw the clip of the team singing the fight song. FIU's locker room (at least the visitor side) looks like the back of house at a Home Depot.
Posted On: Nov 3rd 2018, 11:09 PM #382948

You should see the "press box"…

(laughable)
Back to the top

Driskel was under appreciated both as a runner and a passer. He is better than Robison at both and DeAndre as a thrower. DeAndre gives the running game versatility but Driskel  gave us both. Robison is too slow as a runner and seems less comfortable than Driskel at running the ball. Driskel had speed as a runner and made teams pay when they ignored his running skills.
Back to the top

Rick said

Art Vandelay said

Posted On: Nov 3rd 2018, 11:09 PM #382948

You should see the "press box"…

(laughable)
Posted On: Nov 3rd 2018, 11:18 PM #382950

Still using TV dinner trays as desks?
Back to the top

I’m back from the dead.  What a win.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

So I have been a broken-record all year, but run the sh!t out of Motor!!!  I am not some kind of great coach, but when you have a guy better than every other guy in the conference, you should run that guy 25-30 times EVERY game!!!
Posted On: Nov 3rd 2018, 10:10 PM #382916

Agreed.

I have to eat a little of crow with DJ … Grated it's only one game, but there is one thing for certain, Robinson continued to be ineffective (he has shown he could be a very good player, he needs to continue to develop and learn to make better decisions).

The rest of the season we need to play towards our strength and its easy to figure that one out …, we need to use DJ the rest of the way and run the crap out the ball …
Back to the top

CBS Sports story on the TD catches by both teams!

WATCH: FAU, FIU receivers exchange wild Odell Beckham-like touchdown catches in Shula Bowl - CBSSports.com

Great job by the D in the bend but don't break and +3 on turnovers. Both FIU scores on great catches and shut their running game down pretty good. Usually a team has less than 100 yards it is due to lots of sacks but not last night!

And to the O - great job as well, 0 turnovers, great runs and catches and O line - nice job vs. supposedly best D line in CUSA!

Win out Owls!

P.S. - to Mr. Johnson - great job, and Coaches - leave him in, let Robison learn from the sidelines!!!
Back to the top

That felt good. The stubbornness of sticking with Robison for 8 weeks is disappointing. Idk if Johnson is going to set the world on fire but at least he kept us on track offensively and he might be the fastest guy on offense

Back to the top

OwlPT15 said

That felt good. The stubbornness of sticking with Robison for 8 weeks is disappointing. Idk if Johnson is going to set the world on fire but at least he kept us on track offensively and he might be the fastest guy on offense

Posted On: Nov 4th 2018, 9:08 AM #382980
Parr arguably had a bigger arm than Robison, who has been Parr part II all season, with plays taking forever to develop, bad decision making, overthrows/underthrows, etc. I and a lot of folks on here were screaming for DJ to get snaps knowing he at the very least could keep defenses honest with his running ability, so long as he can make some throws – which he proved he could tonight with the Durante TD – he just needed the opportunity.

Sorry folks, don't want to see Robison start another game this year. Keep him on the sidelines, this is DEANDRE JONHSON'S team!
Back to the top

OwlPT15 said

Posted On: Nov 4th 2018, 9:08 AM #382980

Well, I’ll say this, it seemed that Johnson had the best command of the O out of all the QBs than have played this yr. The guy runs the RPO really well and seems to be the best option moving forward. He may not be as gifted a passer as Robison but neither was Driskel. This O comes down to who can command it best as QB
Back to the top
Control functions: