Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Marshall Game Thread - October 15th, 2016

Add topic

I thought this was a telling statement in the Sun Sentinel:

"I don't know what goes on in the minds of the guys," defensive end Trey Hendrickson said. "It almost seems like they're laying off the pedal, their minds are already in the locker room."

That is, to me, the biggest coaching mistake we make - we let the guys take their heads out of the game. X's and O's are usually there, it seems, but we're soft team that doesn't fight to win.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

I thought this was a telling statement in the Sun Sentinel:

"I don't know what goes on in the minds of the guys," defensive end Trey Hendrickson said. "It almost seems like they're laying off the pedal, their minds are already in the locker room."

That is, to me, the biggest coaching mistake we make - we let the guys take their heads out of the game. X's and O's are usually there, it seems, but we're soft team that doesn't fight to win.
Posted On: Oct 12th 2016, 12:25 PM #360983

That's all you need to hear, but this is no mystery you can tell when the layers get to the sideline with just heads hanging low and expecting to lose.
No fire at all on D it's almost  like they are playing not to lose.
Once that type of attitude gets into a program you have to start over because it will only get worse.  
Back to the top

Marshall scored TEN points in the second half last year, including its last score of a FG with 9:46 to go in the 4th qtr. to make it a 13 point game.  Not sure where the 'running the score up' comment came from, but that's obviously false.
Back to the top

The O had put up enough point to win until last week, My BIGGEST problem with the O is it disappears in the 2nd halves! What is up with that? It tells me they the other teams Coaches have figured us out and adjust to us just doing the same things.

As a Coach you have to be ready for THEIR half time adjustments and be prepared to change your attack to something new in the 2nd half. We either don't do that or just take a nap at halftime, something!
Back to the top

Mark said

Marshall scored TEN points in the second half last year, including its last score of a FG with 9:46 to go in the 4th qtr. to make it a 13 point game.  Not sure where the 'running the score up' comment came from, but that's obviously false.
Posted On: Oct 12th 2016, 1:27 PM #360985

Trying to run up the score…clarification noted. 
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Yea with all the injuries and young QB's I put no blame on Trickett.
We haven't blown any doors off put we have up enough points to win like Delt said.

Posted On: Oct 12th 2016, 10:32 AM #360981

Old Dominion held Charlotte to 17 points, Eastern Michigan held them to 19 points. Were not talking UCF, were talking C-USA and a Mac team. Charlotte had over 200 yards rushing. FIU had 270 yards rushing. Ball state had 226 yards rushing. 
Back to the top

We are the worst 4th quarter offense in the nation.  That is why we lost the last three games.
Back to the top

HOOT2020 said

We are the worst 4th quarter offense in the nation.  That is why we lost the last three games.
Posted On: Oct 12th 2016, 6:20 PM #360998

Good point.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

HOOT2020 said

Good point.
Posted On: Oct 12th 2016, 6:38 PM #360999

Admin. Question, why if the post says Guest User "Mark" does it show up in quotes as Hoot2020?  

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

HOOT2020 said

No we are losing because our defense cant stop the run and our opponents can just run out the clock..literally.

Our offense cant score if they cant get on the field more than once or twice in the 4th quarter.
Back to the top
Control functions: