Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Marshall Game Thread - Oct 20th, 2018

Add topic

jgf2017 said

owlcountry40 said

Also you say we have “ Oline issues no ones wants to address” 

1.We here can’t do anything about it.

2. If our Oline was crippling as you say do you think Lane wouldn’t address if we could?

Yea, we have a 5 star just sitting on the sideline and Lane just like “F it I don’t want to address it.”

Posted On: Oct 14th 2018, 7:41 PM #381949

I have one question. Are you implying that Riles has been a quality offensive lineman for us?
To address you're 2nd question. Lane is addressing the obvious issue, because he benched Riles for 3 possessions last game (Weber replaced him and we scored td's on all 3 drives) including one in the 4th quarter after they cut the lead to 5. Now, Lane, if asked, might say it's because Riles is a senior and he wants to give Weber playing time for next season. But obviously, it's because Riles has underperformed. The problem is that, 3 series of Weber in for Riles is not enough at Marshall, at FIU, and at North Texas. The only reason we're even dogs is because of Riles.
Posted On: Oct 14th 2018, 7:56 PM #381950
He's average and the other linemen have had their issues. He is not the reason we have won or lost a dam game.

Again your obsession with him is ridiculous.
I can name 5 more players far more disappointing than on this team this year.

He is a body who is a good pass blocker and struggles getting into good position when finding guys on the 2nd level.

He is not crippling by any means.
Back to the top

This is my final post regarding Riles ever, as it seems there's no place for good old southern hospitality and honesty here. But here are the facts.

1. I noticed Riles is the worst offensive lineman I've ever seen and is costing us games. I bring it up here
  2. Riles gets benched.

So I don't know what I'm talking about?
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

To address your first post, I've seen all 6 games either in person or on TV/Facebook. In the games I've been to in person, it's been glaringly obvious that Riles is terrible. I will admit that Riles could do well against a mediocre high school defense. But, apparently my willingness to be honest (I guess some people are simple southern boys) is irritating people. Look, I'll stop. There's no reason to argue when there's all these "issues" on our team and Coach Pec should be fired. Nope. It's a garbage RG. Anyways, I'll let you have your day in the son, I've got more important people to interact with.
Posted On: Oct 14th 2018, 8:10 PM #381951
Yea, "simple southern guy telling like it is."

It's really just a guy that thinks he knows more than he does and continues to trash a college kid who has started every game for us. There is another former 3 star who was here last year who cannot beat him out and the so-called one of the best JUCO centers in the country who has not cracked the depth chart at center or guard.

I am not going to argue how good he had been or not all I know is we are averaging 5.7 YPC and have giving Robison time to throw for the most part.

I do the podcast have given my best reasonable explanation for things, but unless you are watching coaches film it's really hard to point fingers at individual players.

But there is some dumb coward on a message board saying a kid who played football at UF could not block at the high school level. I have been critical of coaches and other things on this forum, but I would never shred a player like you do. It's one thing to say player XYZ is struggling, but to call a 22-year-old playing for free "garbage" online is weak s***
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

This is my final post regarding Riles ever, as it seems there's no place for good old southern hospitality and honesty here. But here are the facts.

1. I noticed Riles is the worst offensive lineman I've ever seen and is costing us games. I bring it up here
  2. Riles gets benched.

So I don't know what I'm talking about?

Posted On: Oct 14th 2018, 8:23 PM #381953

Southern hospitality?

It seems more like dumb redenck who think he knows what he's talking about.

If he is bad as you say he would have not have won the job and started 6.

Could he have his struggles? Yea, but he has not cost us a game.
Back to the top

Can someone please explain to me how you evaluate guards at the collegiate level without having film and having played the position? 

What are you seeing? I have been watching football a long time and unless the dude is getting turnstiled constantly or committing false starts/holding penalties all the time I really couldn’t evaluate the effectiveness of a singular o lineman. At least not to the level where I could blame him for all of our ills. Doesn’t seem like we have a sack problem and our RB is leading the nation in TDs again, so…

Seriously, what is he doing/not doing that makes you hate him? 
Back to the top

Riles is getting bullied up front on rushing plays. He has horrible quickness and agility. It affects the whole line and is ruining the whole offense. It hurts the defense as well. Motor is at 4.8 ypc this year, down from over 6.4 ypc last season. That's over 1.5 ypc less than last year. Our team's ypc is 5.1, down from 6 last year.  He's terrible. Every D coordinator is preparing against us knowing exactly where to attack (Riles). Kiffin benched him for Weber for 3 series last game. But I'm worried Riles will start every game and we'll end up with 5-6 losses. He's ruined our chances at being a top 25 team. Why keep him as the starter when he's already been benched for poor play when he's a senior? Better yet, why apologize for him.
Back to the top

As far as being unkind about Riles, perhaps there's some substance. But, he obviously isn't an FAU graduate, and this is his only year here. It's not like I'm trashing someone who's a 5th year senior and has been at FAU all 5 years. Then it would probably be an issue. We're talking about one of the biggest busts in UF history, and probably in NCAA history.
Back to the top

Yes, we have struglled at times on O this year.

But we DO have to factor in that we have a freshman QB with ZERO college starts who other teams a) do not fear) and b) other teams are going to confuse and c) other teams are gonna load the box due to a + b.

Not to mention the VERY SAME APPLIES TO OUR OC! Weiss IS NOT Briles - NOBODY IS BRILES!

TOO MUCH LEARING FROM TOO MANY PEOPLE TO EXPECT INSTANT RESULTS. 3-3 is good and yes we should be 4-2 but the TEAM (Coaches and players) quits or gets complacent or gets overconfident (all of the above is my opinion) with a lead in every game this year. To me THAT is the reason we are not 4-2 or even 5-1, UCF WAS A WINNABLE GAME TOO!
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

As far as being unkind about Riles, perhaps there's some substance. But, he obviously isn't an FAU graduate, and this is his only year here. It's not like I'm trashing someone who's a 5th year senior and has been at FAU all 5 years. Then it would probably be an issue. We're talking about one of the biggest busts in UF history, and probably in NCAA history.
Posted On: Oct 14th 2018, 11:24 PM #381960
You understand calling the guy the biggest bust in NCAA history makes you lose credibility right?

It shows you have no context or rational thinking and you are just some guy firing hot takes.

You could say he is sturggling becuase XYZ, but again you dont he just trash the kid.

It also makes zero difference whether he has been here 10 years or a week he is still just a kid.
The fact you think that makes some difference even further shows your lack of intelligence.

Riles did not throw three picks vs UCF, allow over 20 YPC in the first half vs OU, or call the same TE flat play over and over again vs MTSU.
He could have his issues but again blaming the drop in YPC on one player shows you lack knowledge and context for the game and your opinion should not be taken seriously and you are a message board arm chair QB hack.

Every time you post on this fourm you look more and more like the guy and the end of the bar telling everyone how you could a better job without providing a single thing you owuld do diffrent.

Back to the top

Riles is a 4 star prospect from Georgia. Of course him being atrocious gets 1,000 times worse when you realize he's starting over Florida kids. Why defend him? He's a massive bust at UF, a 4 star that regressed every year to the point that if we didn't take him he would be out of football.
We're talking about a guy that got booted out of Gainesville Bc….. Well we know why. I believe one player can ruin our entire season. 
Back to the top
Control functions: