Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ North Texas Game Thread - November 15, 2018

Add topic

FAU @ North Texas Game Thread - November 15, 2018

The Matchup: FAU (5-5, 3-3) vs. North Texas (7-3, 3-3)

When: Thursday, November 15, 9:30 PM

Where: Apogee Stadium

Weather: Current conditions in Denton, TX

The Series: FAU tied it up 6-6 with two wins last season, including the C-USA Championship.

North Texas Team Site: Here

Game Information

TV: CBSSN

Live Video: CBSSN via Provider

Radio: ESPN 106.3

Opening Line: FAU +2.5

Back to the top

Does anyone have a log in for a cable provider that has CBS sports network? Only need it for this game. Was planning a watch party but can't have one if no log in.

Thank you so much in advance, in desperate need.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Sooo…

White Elephant in the forum.

What's everyone think about that 9:30 PM start local time on a THURSDAY night? Obviously the game won't end until 1:00 AM Friday…

Curious what everyone is going to do:

A. Stay up to watch the whole thing and pay the price Friday.

B. Take Friday off as to watch the whole thing, and sleep in Friday.

C. Watch part, then wake up in the middle of the night to check the final score, while risking the notion of seeing we lost and being too pissed off to fall back asleep.

D. Shut off the phone, and turn off the TV, early and go to bed while facing the possibilities of receiving either a lump of coal in a sock, or an early Christmas present Friday when waking up.

For those of you who only need 5 hours sleep, God Bless you. Please send some of that my way!

Back to the top

I’ll stay up and pay the price as long as the game is close 
Back to the top

B 😁

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Going to stay up and watch for as long as I can lol
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Does anyone have a log in for a cable provider that has CBS sports network? Only need it for this game. Was planning a watch party but can't have one if no log in.

Thank you so much in advance, in desperate need.
Posted On: Nov 12th 2018, 6:02 PM #383304

Hop on the free trial of Youtube TV
Back to the top

UNT Coach Seth Littrell on the FAU contest, and a little more…

Opening Statement

“It’s been a short week preparing for a very good Florida Atlantic team. It’s a great challenge. We know after the past couple of games against them last year, we know what we’re facing. I really feel like that team is starting to play at a high level. They had some really tough games early against some of the best teams in the country, but they’re playing at a very high level in all three phases.”

“We’ve had, so far, a really good week. The players have bounced back and had a lot of enthusiasm to make sure that we clean up our mistakes from this past game and move forward.”

On his thoughts of playing on Thursday

“I’d rather it be on an off-week the previous week. It’s challenging coming into a game on Saturday and playing and getting back into a short week. It makes it easier on us that it’s at home. I guess if I was traveling and it was an 8:30 kickoff and my players were getting home at 6 a.m., I’d understand. But at the same time, it is what it is, and we’re not the only teams in the country that have to do this. We have to go out and prepare the best we can and go out and compete and make the most of this opportunity. We can’t really worry about that right now.”

On North Texas’ struggles against FAU last year

“They’re a challenging matchup, what they do offensively and the athletes they have – they’re very explosive.
Defensively, they’re very experienced. They are well-coached and they’re a matchup problem against anybody they play. We have to make sure we play at a high level and do the best we can. I know this, I feel like we’re a much better team than last year but I think they are as well. All you can do is prepare the best you can, go out there and compete, have fun together and let it go. At the end of the day, the result will take care of itself.”

On whether there is still a lot to play for

“Not looking ahead, if you look at it, how many times have we won 10 games in a year? We have an opportunity to win 10. How many times have we gone back to back nine-win seasons? How many bowl games have we won since
I’ve been here? There’s still a lot to play for, every single week. The biggest thing is, we have to continue to focus in
on one game at a time and one opportunity at a time. You don’t have a ton of these opportunities. I tell our guys, ‘Time is not on your side,’ and our seniors are understanding that. I tell the freshmen, ‘Hey, just ask the seniors.’ This thing goes quick. You have to make the most out of every opportunity. We still have a ton to play for, and we can still accomplish a lot with this group.”

On his name being thrown around in coaching rumors

“It’s better to be on that end of the deal than the other end of the deal. All I’m focused in on is I have a great opportunity here. I have an unbelievable administration. We’re doing special things here, and so that’s all I can focus in on right now. All that other stuff, that’s for the fans and everyone else to talk about. Our group knows what we’re focused in on, and that’s what we’re going to continue to do.”
Back to the top

It's very apparent that NO ONE cares about this game…by far the least participation here and socially of any game all year…Truly believe the time slot is a dagger.

Just for the record, we tried to get out of it…no dice.

You can 100% blame C-USA for this.

GARBAGE
Back to the top

Yeah especially when compared to last year leading up to the north Texas game. Probably the most active the board ever was with UNT fans joining in as well. 

There may not be 5k fans in the seats for the Charlotte game 
Back to the top
Control functions: