Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ North Texas Game Thread - November 15, 2018

Add topic

That missed field goal made the difference.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Robison gave just enough and just often enough to leave Deandre on the bench. I know the grass is always greener. But sometimes (half the time!) the grass is greener. I don't know, man.
Back to the top

I'm also troubled by these stupid set runs that not only take forever to develop, but they don't even allow room for the QB to make a decision whether to keep it or throw it. Nothing. This has to fall on Weis Jr. We're wasting opportunities for big plays and to be explosive because of these stupid runs. With the right playbook, I'm convinced De'Andre could be dominant with triple option. But we've been saying it and the coaches have done not a thing.
Back to the top

Kiffin's not in this chatroom? Maybe I'm Kiffin? I'd still have to bum rides off my sister.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I'm also troubled by these stupid set runs that not only take forever to develop, but they don't even allow room for the QB to make a decision whether to keep it or throw it. Nothing. This has to fall on Weis Jr. We're wasting opportunities for big plays and to be explosive because of these stupid runs. With the right playbook, I'm convinced De'Andre could be dominant with triple option. But we've been saying it and the coaches have done not a thing.
Posted On: Nov 16th 2018, 1:27 AM #383517

Yeah, I haven't understood it all season. At this point it's water under the bridge I guess.
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

That missed field goal made the difference.
Posted On: Nov 16th 2018, 1:25 AM #383515
Think we all knew at some point the kicking game was going to cost us a game (or two, or three). Not putting it all on that miss, but it is what it is – was huge at that point in the game. 
Back to the top

Before my partner crapped-out for the night, I said we'd offer a kicker and/or punter flat-out in this year's class. We gotta do something.

And yes. The hand-offs are too slow. And yes. Why leave it to running through soup?
Back to the top

1. Weis isn’t calling the plays.

2. Refs gave them 10.  Game. Sorry he hit hard.
Back to the top

I didn't like the called hit on us. But, OK. I hated the no-call on them for their hit. And a half-dozen other calls or no-calls (but, I mean, that's the that for a home team fan).
Back to the top

*us-team fan.
Back to the top
Control functions: