Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ North Texas Game Thread - November 15, 2018

Add topic

Agree, he's been on the "receiving end" of some undue situations…Robison needs help at WR.

Not saying he doesn't do freshman things as well, but when you put it all together, it's not all on him.

Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I was watching the highlights and noticed when it was 34-31 on 3rd and 9 Robison threw a dart to Willie and he dropped it. With Motor's huge drop against MTSU taken into account, these could be the key reasons we have 5 wins instead of more, drops.
Posted On: Nov 16th 2018, 7:38 PM #383553

I said it in the game thread as well, he's had a disappointing season and a case of the butter fingers all year for whatever reason.
Back to the top

I know our passing game was above expectations against Airforce. It was never a big factor in any other game. If Robison could have thrown like Fine last night the Owls would be hard to beat. The team has some real good receivers. Opposing defenses know the probability of a run is high. There were a few real good passing plays but I think it was due to the defenses being caught off guard. They were expecting a run and weren't playing for the pass. On the other side, our defense has given up up a lot of passing yards even when expecting it. Last night UNT had 303 passing yards. Later in the game the Owls defense was only playing 3 on the line and UNT was still completing passes.

With the horses we have at rb, a good passing qb would be tough to beat.

Thats my 2 cents

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

There will be a lot to chew on after the season – figuring out what went wrong. One morsel to chew on – which I'm obviously not alone about – I have no idea why we were hellbent to stick with Robison all year. Not sure how we'd be much worse giving DeAndre meaningful time to get into a flow with this offense. Robison had a nice game yesterday, but this offense has not clicked all year with him consistently. The one time we saw it click consistently – the one time this entire season – was the 2.5 quarters DeAndre played against the best team in C USA East this year. That was the only time this team resembled the team last year (with the exception possibly of the ODU game).
Back to the top

It feels like every game had a different problem. The QB, the OL, the D, the WRs. Just not a solid performance by the team. I feel Robison is the future of FAU and maybe that was the reasoning behind sticking with him. Only time will tell if that works out. One thing I know for sure, our OL must play better for us to rise to the top. We need to find a replacement for Diaz. Weird season.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I feel Robison is the future of FAU and maybe that was the reasoning behind sticking with him. Only time will tell if that works out.
Posted On: Nov 16th 2018, 10:09 PM #383559

That's probably the case, and I'm assuming he outperformed DeAndre in practice. Thing is this is a team supposedly built to win now. He's a frosh that has plenty of time to get in when he is ready. I really didn't expect this to be some kind of rebuilding year for the QB position after losing Driskel where we'd have to deal with the growing pains of a redshirt frosh who reminded me of Parr more than anyone else. It seemed clear to me this offense just needs a game manager, just like last year.

Back to the top

ALL teams need a game manager!
Back to the top
Control functions: