Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ WKU Game Thread - October 28, 2017

Add topic

I know how Walty feels. This is strange for all of us. And to be honest,I'm not a degenerate, but having something riding on a game or two adds a little juice while watching the game.
Back to the top

Lol I've only felt confident about winning when we played Bethune. Honestly, we've had a culture of losing for years. It's tough to shake that after a few good games, especially when lose games that we could have easily won, like Buffalo. and with respect to the WKU quarterback, the system makes a huge difference. Believe it or not, but Driskel sucked last year under the CP era - 9 TD, 11 INT. He looks like a badass today because of the system he's in, and coaches who can play to his strengths, and a much better O-line.

I'm still not confident at all going into this game, but I feel much better than I did last year, and if we win, I'll feel much better against Marshall, although I still think that's probably going to be a loss.

Against FIU though, I think we'll blow their doors off.
Back to the top

Key's to this game.

Offense:
1.) Control the tempo of the game. Be the ones that set the tone of the game
2.) Control the line of scrimmage and open up holes for Motor and Buddy
3.) Make smart decisions with the football
4.) No Turnovers

Defense:
1.) Force WKU in to second and third down and long situations.
2.) Keep the plays in front of the secondary
3.) Pressure the QB and control the defensive Line of scrimmage
4.) Force turnovers

Those are the keys to the game. 

Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Key's to this game.

Offense:
1.) Control the tempo of the game. Be the ones that set the tone of the game
2.) Control the line of scrimmage and open up holes for Motor and Buddy
3.) Make smart decisions with the football
4.) No Turnovers

Defense:
1.) Force WKU in to second and third down and long situations.
2.) Keep the plays in front of the secondary
3.) Pressure the QB and control the defensive Line of scrimmage
4.) Force turnovers

Those are the keys to the game. 

Posted On: Oct 27th 2017, 10:16 AM #372229

These are the keys to the game every week in Tuscaloosa lol. I like it.
Back to the top

walty12 said

DeltAlumnus said

walty12 said

WKU is one play away from being 6-1.  Everybody is talking like they are down and out….

They have won 14/15 CUSA games at home.

This is going to be a tough game against a good team.  IMO, we will be fortunate to win this one.

Once again - Driskell is going to have to make some throws.
Posted On: Oct 26th 2017, 3:42 PM #372214

I mean they are also a couple plays away from being 3-4 in their wins vs. UTEP & ODU. So to me that is a bad example.
Posted On: Oct 26th 2017, 3:45 PM #372215

They have won 93% of their last 15 home games.  Unlike previous FAU teams, WKU finds a way to win.

Thier offense is clicking - they have an extremely talented QB.

It's not a bad example - it's a team that knows how to win and will be ready to play at thier place.
Posted On: Oct 26th 2017, 3:48 PM #372216

They are a program that knows how to win. It doesn't matter whether they're against CUSA teams or P5 opponents, they've built a winning culture in Bowling Green.

That and Mike White is one of the top 5 QBs in the G5. It sucks because right after we see White, we have to take on Marshall's Chase Litton. You know what both of those QB's have in common? They're both the best throws in the conference and are from Florida. HAVE TO PROTECT OUR RECRUITING TURF!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Here is the weather forecast for Saturday's contest in Bowling Green:

Do y'all think that the weather will have a factor in the final score? Have your say in the Fearless Predictions thread!

Back to the top

WE did beat them there in '12 when that "great"  :Thinking: coach Willie Taggert was their HC!!! :Laughing:
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

WE did beat them there in '12 when that "great"  :Thinking: coach Willie Taggert was their HC!!! :Laughing:
Posted On: Oct 27th 2017, 5:51 PM #372243

I mean he inherited dumpster fires at wku and USF. His predecessors always reaped the benefits of the turnarounds 
Back to the top

Thanks to KLV for bringing this to my attention, but FAU has only won ONE GAME when temps at kickoff are under 50 degrees.

The 2012 victory in Bowling Green was that lone win.

Back to the top

Kickoff temps are forecasted to be around 48 degrees, but going down towards the mid to lower 40's later into the evening.

Owls will be without star CB Raekwon Williams again. WKU has 8 players catch TDs already this season, so the DBs will have the work cut out for them against Mike White and company.

Back to the top
Control functions: