Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU @ FAU Shula Bowl XIV Game Thread - October 31, 2015

Add topic

Great win. If there is one win to have season, it is against FIU.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Local Owl said

This went unnoticed. FIU has a great WR named Owens. Crevon LeBlanc played him one on one almost the entire game. One target in the end zone . Incomplete. Great job by Crevon. He did something few have done all season.

Posted On: Oct 31st 2015, 8:25 PM #351325
LeBlanc is NFL material, I've paid a lot of attention this season, he's given up a few big plays but some of those the safetys were at fault for not being over the top.  He isn't as good a cover corner as Reaser or Smith, but he is a better tackler than both, I think he would greatly benefit from press coverage because he is physical, plays the run well, definitely a mid round pick
Back to the top

No taking the RS off of Parr.  I'd prefer 4 years of Parr not 3.3
Back to the top

Congrats to the Owls and all LOYAL Owl fans!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Congrats to the Owls and all LOYAL Owl fans!
Posted On: Nov 1st 2015, 8:59 PM #351401

Just watching the student section was entertaining in itself. It was a great atmosphere. Hope the momentum continues and the team feeds off of how awesome this win feels for all
Back to the top

owlmart said

No taking the RS off of Parr.  I'd prefer 4 years of Parr not 3.3

Posted On: Nov 1st 2015, 12:22 PM #351379

You wouldnt pull a redshirt on parr unless its to get us into a bowl game or both Johnson and Driskell are injured.
Back to the top

I had to DVR the game because I was outta town. Woke up Sunday morning and watched the game, replayed every single offensive and defensive highlight. Oh what a feeling!

Notes:
This was a great game. Not only we had the W, but we also dominated the game on both ends. Driskel's drive was perfect. Quez ankle looks like its healing up pretty good. Trey is phenomenal - 140 total yards.
My favorite take away from the game: 4 TD SCORED, ALL FOUR BY FRESHMEN (1 RS-FR).

Our Future looks promising :)

Go Owls!!!

#wintoday #winnextweek #winthefollowingweek #winnextseaon #letsjustfreakingwin  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

I gotta admit this has been a hard season to stomach - one of my toughest to follow.
The injuries, suspensions, extreme turnovers, penalties, etc…

Then, someone pointed out that FAU is the 4th youngest in the nation for starting players…

That doesn't excuse losses but it can provide some insight into why we are coming close but not winning.

The players are growing up and hopefully have been given a FIRE IN THEIR BELLY after seeing what they could accomplish when all parts of the team perform together!

This FIU rivalry win was a beauty!  CONGRATS FAU football players for coming together, bringing the Shula Bowl Trophy home and leaving your name all over the field!

Keep doing what you're doing; WKU is up next and they're the class of C-USA. Show em what you've learned against FIU.  That we can beat anyone - we just need to keep our foot on their throat til the end of the game.  Don't let up; don't fall behind.  Pedal on the gas and let's play spoiler!  With 4 games to go… A better record for 2015 than 2 wins is still an accomplishment!

GO OWLS!!
Back to the top

I thought the last 30 seconds of the game was great. All the players at once ran to the trophy before the clock ran out. That was fun to watch.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

This is literally what I want to say to Charlie…we beat WKU and I might even put the plan to go to Gainesville back in order.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: