Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU @ FAU - Shula Bowl XVI Game Thread - November 18th, 2017

Add topic

Shula Bowl XVI Game Thread - November 18th, 2017

The Matchup: FIU (6-3, 4-2 C-USA) vs. FAU (7-3, 6-0 C-USA)

When: Saturday, November 18th, 7:00 PM

Where: FAU Stadium

Weather: Current Conditions @ FAU Stadium

The Series: The Owls lead 10-5 overall but FIU has won four of the last six.

FIU Team Site: Here

Game Information

TV: Stadium, WTCN My15

Live Video: None

Radio: ESPN 106.3

Stats: Here

Opening Line: TBA

Back to the top

its going to be rowdy next Saturday.
Back to the top

Cool gameday at other cold boring s*** big 10 game.

cant wait for them to toss Jim's a**hole for three hours so we can watch a 13-10 game with the stars being blocking TE's.
I hate the big 10 with all my heart.
Back to the top

Yesterday's football proved one thing. Stop the run and you have a chance to win. Auburn shut down Georgia's run. Bulldogs couldn't pass. Canes shut down Irish's run. ND couldn't throw. LTU shut  us down early, but Driskel was able to throw the ball.And he did it with great success. This gave our running game a second chance. Every team we face is going to try and stop the run first. We need to keep this , simple yet effective , passing game going.
Back to the top

Just looking at stats. Obviously we are first in C-USA in rushing. But a shocking number is that Driskel is #2 in completion percentage. Yes, I know how we got those numbers. Hand offs that are statistically passes. But give our coaches credit for finding a way to make our passing game work. BTW, Driskel and FIU's Mr. Magoo are tied.  Key to stopping FIU, lock down on ex Atlantic HS WR Owens.
Back to the top

Didn't go very far last time I tried it, but how about a roll call, how many you are bringing, and guess on the attendance?

I will be there with at least my 4 seats taken and my daughter in the student section.  I am trying to bring another family with us to get to a total of 8 or 9 in attendance.  I am guessing an announced crowd of over 20k (but 16-17k actually in the stadium).  I hope I am short on that number, but it doesn't sound like we should expect a ton of FIU people per you guys - especially after they just lost???

As for the game - we need to force some turnovers (like we have all season).  I saw several balls that while they would have required a great play, they should have been interceptions for us yesterday.  And of course it seemed like every time LA Tech put it on the ground it took an immediate bounce out of bounds.  Our D is not going to statistically wow most teams, but FIU has given up more first downs and more points than their opponents, and I think they are -6 in turnover margin for the season.  If those kinds of trends continue, I think FAU should handle their business just like they have been doing.  But the team has to stay focused and we have to show up and play.  I think the focus will be there - win this game and we lock-up the East division and home field for the championship!
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Didn't go very far last time I tried it, but how about a roll call, how many you are bringing, and guess on the attendance?
Posted On: Nov 12th 2017, 9:02 AM #373192

I'll be there with the largest group we've assembled since the stadium opened - currently 60 strong and hoping for another 10.

Attendance should hit 16-17k but will feel like 12k.  Hoping it's a sell out!  I'm thinking the students show up for the last home game (excluding the championship game of course!).

Back to the top

The Alumni Assoc.  thing about wearing gray showed up on FB again. What's the story with that ? Why not RED.
Back to the top

"Why not red" because FAU does a s***** job of retaining its traditions.
Back to the top

I’m coming from Atlanta with my wife and I’m trying to pick up as many as possible on the way down. So probably just me +3, but i am hoping to see a good turnout. FIU is routinely out numbered at their home games so I have low expectations for the away fans.
Back to the top
Control functions: