Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU @ FAU - Shula Bowl XVI Game Thread - November 18th, 2017

Add topic

FIU "fans" won't show!
Back to the top

Supposedly the players are wearing a new gray uniform.
Back to the top

Owlguin said

Supposedly the players are wearing a new gray uniform.
Posted On: Nov 12th 2017, 5:19 PM #373231

OURS??? No. Say it ain't so, the RED workin at home!!!!
Back to the top

“Everyone be sure to wear a shirt in a color of something WE HAVE NEVER SOLD in our history!” This will go great. 
Back to the top

teambeer said

“Everyone be sure to wear a shirt in a color of something WE HAVE NEVER SOLD in our history!” This will go great. 
Posted On: Nov 12th 2017, 7:16 PM #373245

Agreed - pretty damn STUPID to me!!!!!!
Back to the top

teambeer said

Posted On: Nov 12th 2017, 7:16 PM #373245

:-]
Back to the top

Red or Blue - that is the color of the seats, so something else will actually make the stadium look less full.  Although it could be a serious cash-cow for Its Owl Time assuming Mark can replace all his inventory with Gray.  I'll need to reserve a golf shirt if this is true (and you have one).
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Red or Blue - that is the color of the seats, so something else will actually make the stadium look less full.  Although it could be a serious cash-cow for Its Owl Time assuming Mark can replace all his inventory with Gray.  I'll need to reserve a golf shirt if this is true (and you have one).
Posted On: Nov 12th 2017, 7:44 PM #373249

Unfortunately if no one says anything about gray until the last minute, it doesn't just fall out of my anal cavity and appear magically.  Sorry for the graphic description but you get the idea.
Back to the top

Safe to say we're not wearing brown…
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Didn't go very far last time I tried it, but how about a roll call, how many you are bringing, and guess on the attendance?

I will be there with at least my 4 seats taken and my daughter in the student section.  I am trying to bring another family with us to get to a total of 8 or 9 in attendance.  I am guessing an announced crowd of over 20k (but 16-17k actually in the stadium).  I hope I am short on that number, but it doesn't sound like we should expect a ton of FIU people per you guys - especially after they just lost???

As for the game - we need to force some turnovers (like we have all season).  I saw several balls that while they would have required a great play, they should have been interceptions for us yesterday.  And of course it seemed like every time LA Tech put it on the ground it took an immediate bounce out of bounds.  Our D is not going to statistically wow most teams, but FIU has given up more first downs and more points than their opponents, and I think they are -6 in turnover margin for the season.  If those kinds of trends continue, I think FAU should handle their business just like they have been doing.  But the team has to stay focused and we have to show up and play.  I think the focus will be there - win this game and we lock-up the East division and home field for the championship!

Posted On: Nov 12th 2017, 9:02 AM #373192

I'm coming down from Tampa and my friend from FSU who will be in town actually approached ME saying he was going to go and asked about tickets. 
Back to the top
Control functions: