Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU @ FAU - Shula Bowl XVI Game Thread - November 18th, 2017

Add topic

Back to the top

ANOTHER winners story, almost every week lately!

College football winners and losers, Week 12: Wisconsin flexes, Kiffin's redemption

Gonna post this on the Coach k thread too.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

"FIU, at 4-2, was nearest to FAU prior to the game but needed to win its last two games while FAU lost its last two in order to win the East."

What does that mean?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

GeorgiaOwl said

"FIU, at 4-2, was nearest to FAU prior to the game but needed to win its last two games while FAU lost its last two in order to win the East."

What does that mean?
Posted On: Nov 19th 2017, 2:12 PM #373618

I believe he's trying to say that FIU was closest to FAU in the divisional standings.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

GeorgiaOwl said

What does that mean?
Posted On: Nov 19th 2017, 2:12 PM #373618

If fiu beat us and won their last game conference game against WKY and we lost to Charlotte they would have won the division and NT would have hosted

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I see that now but it is badly worded.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

The FIU fans mostly seemed to expect a loss in the Shula Bowl so aren't up in arms about the outcome, though they are upset about their defense.

Interestingly they won't have McGough next year so one or both of us will be breaking in a new QB next Shula Bowl.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

The FIU fans mostly seemed to expect a loss in the Shula Bowl so aren't up in arms about the outcome, though they are upset about their defense.

Interestingly they won't have McGough next year so one or both of us will be breaking in a new QB next Shula Bowl.
Posted On: Nov 19th 2017, 2:34 PM #373625

If we are breaking in a new QB, it's only because we upgraded
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

The FIU fans mostly seemed to expect a loss in the Shula Bowl so aren't up in arms about the outcome

Posted On: Nov 19th 2017, 2:34 PM #373625

Yeah, I'm very disappointed with the lack of schadenfreude over at the FIU message board.  :Smug:  :Smug:

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Could be Robison for us next year but Driskel is a RS Jr. so he will be back and runs he O pretty good….

We only lose 16 players due to eligibilty ending, the worst part being 3 on OL.
Back to the top
Control functions: