Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU @ FAU - Shula Bowl XVI Game Thread - November 18th, 2017

Add topic

I always attend UM/FAU baseball in Miami. They send me an e-mail wanting to know if I'm coming and need tickets. Good business.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

WRT to the podcast, where do I find this?

Look for the "Podcast" link at the top (Main Menu)
Back to the top

owlsdad said

I am partial to the guys showing up AND drink specials!
Posted On: Nov 14th 2017, 5:42 PM #373342

Drink specials are always welcome.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

I am partial to the guys showing up AND drink specials!
Posted On: Nov 14th 2017, 5:42 PM #373342

Haha, fair enough.  

Although I'll happily pay full price for cocktails while we hang a 40 point beating on that crap school down south.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Francois said

David Slavic said

WRT to the podcast, where do I find this?

Look for the "Podcast" link at the top (Main Menu)
Posted On: Nov 14th 2017, 5:54 PM #373347

He hath spoken

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Looks like perfect weather for the game. What is everyone talking about with this "drink specials".
Back to the top

Ha ha, I thought the same thing. Damn, you know the owls are playing well when Francios is back!
Back to the top

teambeer said

Ha ha, I thought the same thing. Damn, you know the owls are playing well when Francios is back!
Posted On: Nov 15th 2017, 5:56 AM #373355

:Laughing:

The few games I was able to attend under the Partridge era, no response needed  :Not-Talking: other then just terrible coaching and well leave it at that.

LK has definitely brought some excitement back to the program … Is there still room on that Lane Train

Back to the top

FIU Head Coach Butch Davis from Tuesday’s Press Conference

On FAU running game

"FAU’s running game is explosive. [Singletary] is extremely fast. This may be the fastest running back that we’ve actually played. The eye discipline aspect of it because they incorporate a lot of the play action, fake the jet sweep, hand the ball off, pull, go the other direction so it takes a lot of discipline with your linebackers and your safeties that they don’t bite on the baits. That they are gap sound, fundamentally in the right situation. All of those things have allowed them to have explosive, gigantic big plays in the passing game. They will get you in a hurry trying to defend a lot of the runs, suck you up into the line of scrimmage which is a little bit of what happened to us last week."

On FAU QB Driskel

"The thing that is most impressive is that you don’t ever see him throw it into coverage. He really makes the right read and that’s one of the reasons he’s not throwing a lot of interceptions. He reads his progressions and with a lot
of the play fakes they are creating some separation and some opportunities for the receivers. They get the ball into the hands of the tight end and H-back quite a bit. That’s probably the first team that we played that really emphasizes as far as trying to get the ball to someone other than the big-play receiver."

On FAU defense

"They are extraordinarily disciplined in the secondary. Very rarely are their guys out of position. Their fundamentals are good. They are getting good pressure on the quarterback which makes the quarterback throw a lot before he’s ready so now all of the sudden he’s throwing into tight man coverage, zone coverage. They do a lot of trap coverage where they show you one thing and the corner will spin around and he’ll try to trap option routes or trap with the safeties. The quarterback really has to be on point. He has to be smart about making sure that he is making the right reads, the right decisions."

On Don Shula - namesake of the FAU/FIU annual Don Shula Bowl

"When he was the head coach of the Dolphins he was unbelievably gracious to allow us to go out there and watch practice and training camp and OTAs and mini-camps. When I became the head coach at the University of Miami he and his wife were in many of the charities that we would go to. He’s a remarkable man. His success as a coach is
unbelievable and he has the respect of everyone that is ever around him. They absolutely love him and he is a legend."
Back to the top

Francois said

teambeer said

Posted On: Nov 15th 2017, 5:56 AM #373355

:Laughing:

The few games I was able to attend under the Partridge era, no response needed  :Not-Talking: other then just terrible coaching and well leave it at that.

LK has definitely brought some excitement back to the program … Is there still room on that Lane Train

Posted On: Nov 15th 2017, 6:26 AM #373356

There's always room for more on the Lane Train lol.
Back to the top
Control functions: