Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU @ FAU - Shula Bowl XVIII Game Thread - November 9, 2019

Add topic

Panthers & Owls Set for Boca Battle in Shula Bowl XVIII

The Matchup: FIU (5-4, 3-3 C-USA) vs. FAU (6-3, 4-1 C-USA)

When: Saturday, November 9th, 6:00 PM

Where: FAU Stadium

Weather: Current Conditions @ FAU Stadium

The Series: FAU leads 12-5 all time and won last season's meeting 49-14.

FIU Team Site: Here

Key Stats Comparison

Game Information

TV: CW34 WTVX-West Palm

Live Video: Stadium

Radio: 640 The Hurricane

Opening Line: FAU -10.5

Back to the top

BIG news coming from Lane Kiffin's weekly teleconference with media members:

FAU RB BJ Emmons has completed his rehab from his ankle injury, and is expected to practice this week leading up to the Shula Bowl. If all goes well, Emmons could see playing time against the Panthers. Either way, Kiffin said "Emmons will for sure be good to play (at some point) in the regular season."

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

That’s incredible that he’s back to running…I suppose we can try him this week, hopefully not have to use him against UTSA so we can redshirt him and still use him in a bowl game.

Really excited to see him play
Back to the top

teambeer said

That’s incredible that he’s back to running…I suppose we can try him this week, hopefully not have to use him against UTSA so we can redshirt him and still use him in a bowl game.

Really excited to see him play
Posted On: Nov 3rd 2019, 5:45 PM #390525

Shocked to see him back so quickly. That goes to show the tremendous medical and AT staff we have at FAU, and how determined BJ is to get back to action. He was so upset after his injury, so I'd hate to see it get reaggravate  because we rushed him to the field too quickly.

If we're struggling in the game, especially on the ground, against FIU, then it could be worth giving Emmons a few carries.

If not, then let's rest him until USM.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

I'm more happy for him then for us. It's great that he is healing so well.
Back to the top

Amazing!  Way to persevere BJ!
Back to the top

Amazing!
Back to the top

Happy for the guy but I hope he rests for this game. Looking forward to putting to sleep the "sleeping giant" (fiu).
Attendance will be low, I guess.
Go OWLS! beat FIU
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

BIG news coming from Lane Kiffin's weekly teleconference with media members:

FAU RB BJ Emmons has completed his rehab from his ankle injury, and is expected to practice this week leading up to the Shula Bowl. If all goes well, Emmons could see playing time against the Panthers. Either way, Kiffin said "Emmons will for sure be good to play (at some point) in the regular season."

Posted On: Nov 3rd 2019, 5:29 PM #390523

That’s incredible. Hopefully it’s not rushed, but I guess he has been watching film on FIU’s run defense to wanna get back in time for this game.
Back to the top

Great news for him!  I know he has had a very long journey, so I hope he is able to get back and play.  Serious question - does he actually have a RS year available?  I know he played at Alabama for a year, then went to a JuCo for a year, then sat out a year last season before arriving at FAU (I just assumed that was the equivalent of a redshirt).  So I ***think*** he only has this year and next left.  

If I understand the redshirt rules, you still only have 5 years to play 4.  And this is BJ's fourth year since first playing as a freshman.  A medical hardship redshirt might be the only option available to give him a total of 6 years, so hopefully FAU and BJ are thinking long-term on this.
Back to the top
Control functions: