Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME DAY THREAD: FAU @ #2 Alabama - 09/06/14 @ 12:00 PM

Add topic

I don't think the past 2 weeks are acceptable, but I think it shows how far our program has to go till we can compete or even play a good half of football verse teams like Bama or Nebraska. I'm just gonna leave this very telling stat for everyone to think about the 6 teams we beat last year combined record was 15-48 a .230 winning percentage. In saying that do the past two outcomes really surprise you? 
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

The season starts next week at HOME vs. Tulsa - we play bad then, well THEN we have a major problem!

Go get 'em Owls players AND Coaches! Let's PLAY SOME BALL!
Posted On: Sep 6th 2014, 9:06 PM #334290
These loses are really disappointing but we really can't lose to Tulsa if we still expect go after that 7-5. Should we lose, I'll be the first to fire up the Brian Wright bandwagon again.

I really think a win next week will get us back on track to making a bowl.
Back to the top

352Owl said

GeorgiaOwl said

The season starts next week at HOME vs. Tulsa - we play bad then, well THEN we have a major problem!

Go get 'em Owls players AND Coaches! Let's PLAY SOME BALL!
Posted On: Sep 6th 2014, 9:06 PM #334290
These loses are really disappointing but we really can't lose to Tulsa if we still expect go after that 7-5. Should we lose, I'll be the first to fire up the Brian Wright bandwagon again.

I really think a win next week will get us back on track to making a bowl.
Posted On: Sep 7th 2014, 3:06 AM #334306

HAHA….that bold part is a joke, right?!?

Anyway…these first 2 games were pointless…I'm just going to pretend they didn't happen.  The season starts Saturday.  GO OWLS!
Back to the top

It is too early to really tell how good the current coaching staff is at FAU. With all coaching changes, there is a dip in performance.

The next three weeks will tell us far more about the current coaches. Unfortunately, the first two weeks were too much for the high school coaches who are now coaching in college. There were major communications issues the first week which were better this week. Everyone is still getting use to each other.

Lets rally around the Owls and give them our best support. The players always deserve our support. They are killing themselves out there in practice and in games.

In a few weeks we will certainly know more about our coaches and their ability to go from successful recruiting to successful coaching. If they over coach or under coach we will know it in a few weeks!

Go Owls!!!
Back to the top

Well, the good news (ha ha) is that we did some damage to Bama afterall;

Thanks to win over Michigan State, Oregon jumps Alabama in AP poll | Dr. Saturday - Yahoo Sports

Took down the nation's No. 2 ranked team, sort of

The actual Yahoo FRONT PAGE headline said that Bama 41-0 win over FAU not enough to hold onto the No. 2 spot.
Back to the top

I'm unable to find the box score, does anyone know if MDG has gotten any reps? With Brown on a torn ACL I imagine that he'll get the nod at some point to play backup. They aren't red shirting him are they?
Back to the top
Control functions: