Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME DAY THREAD: FAU @ #22 Marshall - 10/25/14 @ 3:30 PM

Add topic

LawOwl said

Next week's homecoming game will be broadcasted on ASN correct?
Posted On: Oct 26th 2014, 7:58 AM #337200

Yes
Back to the top

Hey I just wanted to come over and commend FAU. You have a good team. I personally feel you are the best team we have played this year. I was at the game and we all agreed the first pass interference play was a terrible call. Devin Johnson is a beast and we are lucky to have him. Cato had a horrible day and none of us are real sure where his head is. He is not near as good this year as last year. Wish you the best of luck and hope you run the table and get a bowl game. You deserve it.
Back to the top

Great post, thanks, and best wishes the rest of the way!
Back to the top

I think it was DeltAlum who said that we just "let off the gas".  From my point of view (which is mostly watching ESPN gametracker on my phone, and a few games on the net) that seems to be a recurring issue with us.  In the past I could rationalize that when playing the big boy schools we were just outgunned by teams with more depth in the 4th quarter.  I don't think we can use that excuse any more, especially when we have shown quite a few times we can make a 4th quarter comeback and steal a win.  It looks like we could have had a win here, but I would agree that we let off the gas.  We are a hard team to watch right now, not hard because we're bad, but hard because we can show flashes of brilliance, followed by total chaos.  Those flashes of brilliance give me faith that we're headed in the right direction with Coach Partridge, we just have more work to do.  

I also think we're past the "moral win" phase of the program.  Sure, if Marshall was #2 I'd say OK, but we are certainly capable of handling a #23 team, we just didn't.  

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

except for the big runs that gashed us, our defensive played well, and coach's took shots and missed on a couple. Marshall is a program that as opponent you have to take very seriously. I wouldn't mind seeing how they may do against a Alabama, or a Wisconsin, or Florida State.
Back to the top
Control functions: