Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME DAY THREAD: FAU @ MTSU - 11/22/14 @ 7:00 PM

Add topic

Brandon Kirby-Wolverlora Simon said

The jist of my post was supposed to be "give him time. It's not all his fault."

I'm not saying I'm the only opinion here & I'm happy someone in the know (Andrew) could tell me how wrong I was on a few things, that clears things up. 

PS: the Midwest thing was supposed to mean I don't know much about him, not that he is automatically good. And when I say "swagger" along with "athletic" and stuff like that, I mean that they aren't sh*tty players with no confidence. Because that is what it looks like a lot of times: sh*tty players with no confidence. And just because you have a few good players on each side of the ball, does not mean you have enough to fill out a quality starting lineup. It means you have a few players that other teams need to avoid & some players who can have the ball rammed down their throat. 

All I'm saying is give Charlie time. It's not fair to judge a first year coach on players that aren't his. 3 or for years. If no bowl game, then grab the pitchforks. Sorry, but I'd rather be an optimist & be fair to someone that hasn't had the right amount of time to be fairly judged. 

Posted On: Nov 23rd 2014, 4:45 PM #338619

The issue is not whether the players are his or not, it's having the knowledge to coach the ones you have. The boys are only doing what they have been "coached" to do…attempting to execute the sh*tty plays that are called out. So don't tell me it's because the players aren't his. If they call the same dang plays (that consistently isn't working) next year, they're gonna get the same results.

So It Is Fair & It Is His Fault!!
Back to the top

Rick said

Andrew said

That is why the cupboard was bare when he left: he didn't care about FAU. He wanted to win & leave.

An All-American CB in D'Joun Smith
A UDFA-level FS in Damian Parms
A two-time all-confernce LB in Andrae Kirk
A game-chaning WR in Williams Dukes
A starting quarterback in JaQuez Johnson

Posted On: Nov 23rd 2014, 3:15 PM #338612

Who are we talking about here?

They are all Schnellenberger's except for Johnson…

Posted On: Nov 23rd 2014, 4:15 PM #338617

Sorry you're right. It's the other starters I didn't include that are Carl's guys.

How many games would Carl have won this season if the scandal didn't happen?
Back to the top

Andrew said

It's the other starters I didn't include that are Carl's guys.

How many games would Carl have won this season if the scandal didn't happen?
Posted On: Nov 23rd 2014, 6:26 PM #338670

Right, which actually supports your premise  :Big-Grin:

Back to the top
Control functions: