Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME DAY THREAD: Middle Tennessee @ FAU - 9/21/13 @ 12:00 PM

Add topic

NITE-OWL said

I still can't overcome that play calling on 3rd and 5 in their 40 yard line with 2 minutes left. These coaches are paid to figure out that.
FAU just needed a field goal. FAU had previously been moving the ball through the air and we almost lost the ball. Why not mix it up and slow down to secure the ball. Didn't they see how effective was Tony Moore?… I don't know man. Rice just beat Kansas.
Posted On: Sep 21st 2013, 11:16 PM #318316

Rice lost to Houston….I put more blame on Quez for the interception than the play call.
Back to the top

Winning teams can stop the run.  We couldnt stop the run last year and we still cant stop the run this year.  Good game plan and preparation by the offensive coaches.  Offense was prepared to win.  We lost because players did not protect the ball.  We had 5 turnovers.  Could have had 8 turnovers but we managed to recover a several of our fumbles.
Back to the top

Now that the dust has settled it seems to me that even though we made huge strides on offense we obviously have a very limited play book.  The d were jumping the routes because they knew the plays, you could see them waiting for the ball from the stands.  Q has to be able to see that and make better decisions.

I agree with Nite Owl, we were moving the ball and only needed 15 yards and burn the clock to kick a possible winning fg, instead we threw the same play and the d knew it was coming.  In defense of Wright I believe we have a limited play book because that is all we can handle at this point.

Not what I expected out of the our defense yesterday, they scored a TD ever time they were in the red zone, couldn't even hold them to one fg.  I know once again they we're put in bad positions but overall that was not the performance  was not great.

As the coach said, these are the games we have to win and I really believe we are moving forward and will start winning these games.  We are on the right track.

Most fun I have had in the new stadium, my wife finally got to enjoy an actual football game.  Huge disappointment but heck of time.

Go Owls!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Agreed Dusky, this was actually an exciting, fun to watch football game. We just can't get out of our own way sometimes.

That final drive will haunt us this year. Tony Moore's fresh legs were something to ride all the way downfield and we put a tired wallace back in, and then throw one of our 4 pass plays.

Dark jerseys and dark helmets, noon game…cmon guys. We pick a 12pm start to take advantage of the heat and our conditioning and then we choose to wear the darkest combo we have??? They know that the home team gets to choose what colors they wear right?

overall, we are progressing, a lot. just 3 days ago we were wondering if we'd ever be able to score more than 14 points on offense all season. Now its a matter of getting it all to come together.

One last thought, is our schedule this year. I know we'll have plenty of haters on this board, especially if we are 1-5 halfway through the year but I'm telling you, the way our schedule is written, our 1-5 can EASILY become 6-6 by November. Don't give up on em.
Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

NITE-OWL said

I still can't overcome that play calling on 3rd and 5 in their 40 yard line with 2 minutes left. These coaches are paid to figure out that.
FAU just needed a field goal. FAU had previously been moving the ball through the air and we almost lost the ball. Why not mix it up and slow down to secure the ball. Didn't they see how effective was Tony Moore?… I don't know man. Rice just beat Kansas.
Posted On: Sep 21st 2013, 11:16 PM #318316

Rice lost to Houston….I put more blame on Quez for the interception than the play call.
Posted On: Sep 22nd 2013, 12:01 AM #318317

Eh.  We ran that play all day, that route was ripe to get jumped on.
Back to the top

Offense looked good. Have to hold onto the ball. Defense got burned all day, missed tackles turnovers but we did not give up. Awesome game. 
Back to the top

Good game but doesn't do us any good if we don't win and just like I said against ECU, this game was very winnable (let this one slip). We have to stop making excuses and execute on every down.

Coach P hittin the press with some truth at the end in the highlight video.
http://www.wptv.com/dpp/sports/turnovers-doom-fau-owls-in-overtime-loss-to-middle-tennessee-state-blue-raiders
Back to the top

I like the fact Pelini expects this team to win. Johnson is coming into his own. Let's see what happens Sat. 
Back to the top
Control functions: