Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME DAY THREAD: Tulsa @ FAU - 09/13/14 @ 7:00 PM

Add topic

And the casual tailgaters will be shocked at how quick the beer gets to your bloodstream  :Big-Grin:

Fun fact, the last time the owls played at such an altitude was FAU v UNA in the second round of the D1aa playoffs and we all know how that ended!

Man, Doug Parker was a beautiful runner
Back to the top

teambeer said

And the casual tailgaters will be shocked at how quick the beer gets to your bloodstream  :Big-Grin:

Fun fact, the last time the owls played at such an altitude was FAU v UNA in the second round of the D1aa playoffs and we all know how that ended!

Posted On: Sep 15th 2014, 7:36 AM #334900

ii miss the uniforms…
Back to the top

teambeer said

And the casual tailgaters will be shocked at how quick the beer gets to your bloodstream  

That's where the importance of tailgate training is ever so critical.  
Back to the top

teambeer said

And the casual tailgaters will be shocked at how quick the beer gets to your bloodstream  

That's right. My brother lives in Denver. I was living on the coast of Georgia at the time, sea level. I flew out to visit and ski.  We went to the mountains to ski at Breckinridge. The first night up there I had a beer with my dinner. That's all it took. One beer and my head was swimming.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

teambeer said

ii miss the uniforms…
Posted On: Sep 15th 2014, 7:47 AM #334901

The Poor man's Auburn baby, great unis back then.

Back to the top

illinoisowl said

teambeer said

That's right. My brother lives in Denver. I was living on the coast of Georgia at the time, sea level. I flew out to visit and ski.  We went to the mountains to ski at Breckinridge. The first night up there I had a beer with my dinner. That's all it took. One beer and my head was swimming.

Posted On: Sep 15th 2014, 10:43 AM #334905

Think Denver and go 2000 ft higher.  
Back to the top

Ronniehuskerron said

illinoisowl said

teambeer said

Posted On: Sep 15th 2014, 10:43 AM #334905

Think Denver and go 2000 ft higher.  
Posted On: Sep 15th 2014, 11:02 AM #334907

We were in the mountains in Frisco. According to Wikipedia the elevation is 9075 feet.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

You really do feel it in Breckenridge. We used to have a house up there. The official elevation is 9,600 feet (2,400 feet higher than War Memorial Stadium in Laramie and 4,400 feet higher than Denver). In Breck, the ski summit is 12,998 feet (gasp!). It is a truly wonderful ski town and area. Even the most serious drinker can be a cheap drunk. Go for Oktoberfest some year. But hide your car keys from yourself.
Back to the top
Control functions: