Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME DAY THREAD: UAB @ FAU - 11/01/14 @ 7:00 PM

Add topic

owlcountry40 said

Can someone explian why Tony Moore gets most of carries.
Posted On: Nov 2nd 2014, 8:42 AM #337433

Maybe because Howell injured his hamstring and had to leave the game?
Back to the top

You can not put this on the players. Coach "can do no" Wright needs to get his act together i was calling our plays from the stands hes so predictable . what coach in the ncaa will call an option on 3rd and 9 we need to play to win. when we go up tempo welook great then he clams up. i have insight from tthe players ad they say he doesn't take their advice from what they see on the field. He doesn't take advantae of mismatches h think Lucky will bail im out all the time. WWe have a TE in Deleon running wide open and he tells quez tp throw it to lucky. only player i . have anissue with is robert relf he is by far the softest LB ive seen hes afraid to hitand it shows on the field. Hes afraid to attack the block and whe he does he turns to the side with his shoulder and when he does that it opens a huge hole for the running back .e needs to be on the bench or we'll keep giving upbig runs to his sside.
Back to the top

Why do they run a no huddle offense when it takes almost the whole play clock to run the next play? The QB and the receivers all look confused out there.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Local Owl said

@USMCOWL…with all due respect, we were not prepared for this game from the start. This is a coaching issue and not a player issue. The biggest mistake people can make is not learning quick enough that something is not working. No blame should be put on the players. They run the play that is called. Even though that type of play failed the other ten times we ran it. I also heard Coach P say that the UAB DB's were really pressuring our WR's and playing them on the line. He said this disrupted timing. Maybe, just maybe we should try this instead of 5-7 yards off the line. And Gray Owl, no one can blame you buddy. You're a true fan that is as frustrated as the rest of us.
Posted On: Nov 2nd 2014, 1:04 PM #337440

I have to agree with this. The offense couldn't do anything in the first half. They come out the second half and different story, especially the 4th qtr. Same with the defense. Bad first half, different story second half. At least adjustments were made at half time but why so late? It seems like adjustments should have been made at least after the second posession.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

46 offensive yards in the 1st half is awful. Late game heroics were bound to come up short sooner or later.

Looking forward to the basketball game saturday. 
Back to the top

article with player and coach responses about the lost.

FAU struggles to cope with UAB loss, faces tough road to bowl bid - Sun Sentinel
Back to the top

Guest said

You can not put this on the players. Coach "can do no" Wright needs to get his act together i was calling our plays from the stands hes so predictable . what coach in the ncaa will call an option on 3rd and 9 we need to play to win. when we go up tempo welook great then he clams up. i have insight from tthe players ad they say he doesn't take their advice from what they see on the field. He doesn't take advantae of mismatches h think Lucky will bail im out all the time. WWe have a TE in Deleon running wide open and he tells quez tp throw it to lucky. only player i . have anissue with is robert relf he is by far the softest LB ive seen hes afraid to hitand it shows on the field. Hes afraid to attack the block and whe he does he turns to the side with his shoulder and when he does that it opens a huge hole for the running back .e needs to be on the bench or we'll keep giving upbig runs to his sside.
Posted On: Nov 2nd 2014, 1:36 PM #337442

I have to agree with you 1000% on this one, he does not hit nor attack the runner or blocker! Either he is soft or playing hurt and in either case he should not be out there leaving us basically ONE LB (Kirk - who is great!) and for the plays Marshall and UAB are running, THEY know this!
Back to the top

You can't depend on come backs and last minute wins to get you to a bowl game.  Sure, they're exciting but they are not consistent and sooner or later it will come back to bite you.  Saturday was that day.  When I saw the score was 21-7 I had a feeling that we would come back, and we did, but it wasn't enough.  It's already been said but it  looks like our first half was basically useless and served no purpose other than to tire out our players.  The real issue that sticks with me is that our home win streak is now over.  I also hate that when we have the opportunity to show new fans + recruits the program we crap the bed……every time.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

duder said

You can't depend on come backs and last minute wins to get you to a bowl game.  Sure, they're exciting but they are not consistent and sooner or later it will come back to bite you.  Saturday was that day.  When I saw the score was 21-7 I had a feeling that we would come back, and we did, but it wasn't enough.  It's already been said but it  looks like our first half was basically useless and served no purpose other than to tire out our players.  The real issue that sticks with me is that our home win streak is now over.  I also hate that when we have the opportunity to show new fans + recruits the program we crap the bed……every time.

Posted On: Nov 3rd 2014, 10:46 AM #337458
Yup, only the very faithfull (and UAB fans) stayed for the very exciting and well played finsih. The newbies did not get to see what the team or the games can really be like!
And UAB WAS PREPARED for our O - they knew our playbook and what we would run. And apparantly we need to recruit better WR's becauce if UAB can play tight man coverage on ALL of our WR's and shut em ALL down tnah we are maybe in deeper trouble than we want to know. That is when you go deep on tight single coveage on everyone because ONE OF EM better be able to beat that! UAB IS NOT BAMA!
Back to the top

Any way this becomes an issue with the result of the UAB-FAU game played the day AFTER the FSU-Louisville game in question?

http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/07/jameis-winston-friend-chris-rabb-uab-launches-probe-into-betting-allegations/
Back to the top
Control functions: