Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU @ Ball State - September 14th, 2019

Add topic

FAU @ Ball State Game Thread - September 14, 2019

The Matchup: FAU (0-2) vs. Ball State (1-1)

When: Saturday, September 14th, 2:00 PM

Where: Scheumann Stadium

Weather: Current conditions at Scheumann Stadium

The Series: The Cardinals took the inaugural meeting 31-27 in Boca Raton.

Ball State Team Site: Here

Game Information

TV: None

Live Video: Watch Here on ESPN+

Radio: 640 The Hurricane

Opening Line: FAU -2.5

Back to the top

Kiffin is hoping to see the CR2 against Ohio State, not UCF, as the Owls return to the midwest.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

What exactly is espn plus. Is that a subscption thing?
Back to the top

Local Owl said

What exactly is espn plus. Is that a subscption thing?
Posted On: Sep 8th 2019, 7:59 PM #388361

Yes $4.99 a month.
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Kiffin is hoping to see the CR2 against Ohio State, not UCF, as the Owls return to the midwest.
Did you mean Ball State?

Anyway, My plans are to be there. 3.5 hr drive. Should be fun. Indiana is a very pretty state. The Owls have this one.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Does anyone know of any watch party's?

I have ESPN+ and if it wasn't so freaking hot I'd say let's tailgate and watch it on campus. Ha.
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Did you mean Ball State?
Posted On: Sep 8th 2019, 9:22 PM #388363

No, and yes at the same time…

Kiffin wants to see the performance Robison put up against OSU, rather than UCF, when they take on Ball State.

:cool:
Back to the top

Rick said

illinoisowl said

Did you mean Ball State?
Posted On: Sep 8th 2019, 9:22 PM #388363

No, and yes at the same time…

Kiffin wants to see the performance Robison put up against OSU, rather than UCF, when they take on Ball State.

:cool:
Posted On: Sep 8th 2019, 10:30 PM #388365

I guess pass blocking "might" help huh!!! That and establish a RUN game, meaning RUN blocking!!! Ball St. is not bad, they battled Indiana week one and they are at home! There might be 15 K there but closer to 10-12K realistic.

Bottom line, we underestimate them AGAIN and we lose and go 0-3! Just because they are not top 15 ranked - DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THEM OWLS!!! Play hard every down and show no mercy when we get ahead!
Back to the top

The depiction is incorrect, we did play Ball st. a few years ago at home and we lost that game.  This is a reality check, and a measuring stick.  If we play poorly against our level of competition something has to be done.  The play calling is terrible and the blocking is just not there. McCammon has potential but hes not getting any room to run.  Robison can throw and we know this, but he had no time  running for his life on every play.  We need this win. Go Owls!!
Back to the top

Ball State fan here.  I’m excited for the game next Saturday.  Most of our fans acknowledge that we will need to play our best to win.  Your 0-2 record is deceiving because of the tough schedule.  Our primary concern is your overall team speed.  Is that just a perception or reality?  It sounds like you all are most concerned about your offensive line and protecting the QB.  The good news for you is that the DL is our most glaring weakness.  We don’t get much pressure on any team.  I expect that this will be a high scoring game, because we do have an experienced OL, a couple good RB’s, and a QB who has put up pretty big numbers in the first two games.  We gave up 29 points to a lowly FCS Fordham team, so I fully expect FAU to put up a lot of points.  My prediction: Ball State 35-34

Thanks for accepting me on the board and allowing me to post my thoughts.  I wish your team well after this Saturday and hope for no serious injuries.  May the best team win. 
Back to the top
Control functions: