Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU @ Ball State - September 14th, 2019

Add topic

If we only score 5 more than a poor FCS Fordham we should just quit!
Back to the top

Not an excuse, but we put up 57 on Fordham and had some backups in the game.  I don’t expect FAU to give up 45+ points every game based on Ohio State and UCF games.  We held Indiana to 34, and they are not a below average FCS team.  What do you expect to score on us?
Back to the top

BSUMike said

Ball State fan here.  I’m excited for the game next Saturday.  Most of our fans acknowledge that we will need to play our best to win.  Your 0-2 record is deceiving because of the tough schedule.  Our primary concern is your overall team speed.  Is that just a perception or reality?  It sounds like you all are most concerned about your offensive line and protecting the QB.  The good news for you is that the DL is our most glaring weakness.  We don’t get much pressure on any team.  I expect that this will be a high scoring game, because we do have an experienced OL, a couple good RB’s, and a QB who has put up pretty big numbers in the first two games.  We gave up 29 points to a lowly FCS Fordham team, so I fully expect FAU to put up a lot of points.  My prediction: Ball State 35-34

Thanks for accepting me on the board and allowing me to post my thoughts.  I wish your team well after this Saturday and hope for no serious injuries.  May the best team win. 
Posted On: Sep 9th 2019, 11:37 AM #388440

FAU has great speed on D, but right now we are struggling to find playmakers at the skill positions. 
Back to the top

You all are welcome on the Ball State Football message board.  We enjoy when fans of opponents stop by and share thoughts about the game.

BSU Football | OverThePylon Ball State Fan Boards
Back to the top

I haven’t looked into Ball St but I was one of the few people to watch the entire game when they came down a few years ago. There must have been 5 lightning delays that night. Luckily I don’t think they have that 7ft tall quarterback anymore. 
Back to the top

Is it too late to put FSU and FAMU on the schedule for the next 6 games?
Back to the top

Coach Cott said

Is it too late to put FSU and FAMU on the schedule for the next 6 games?
Posted On: Sep 9th 2019, 6:02 PM #388452

Only if FSU needs another game to make it to a bowl game!   :Laughing:  :Laughing:
Back to the top

BSUMike said

Ball State fan here.

Thanks for accepting me on the board and allowing me to post my thoughts.  

Posted On: Sep 9th 2019, 11:37 AM #388440

Welcome aboard!  Can't think of anything at the moment - need to do some research - but looking forward to some great discussions.
Back to the top

BSUMike said

You all are welcome on the Ball State Football message board.  We enjoy when fans of opponents stop by and share thoughts about the game.

BSU Football | OverThePylon Ball State Fan Boards
Posted On: Sep 9th 2019, 12:05 PM #388445

Thanks for the invite, Mike!

I'll speak for all of Owl Nation when I say there's a big sigh of relief when you said that BSU's D-Line is your biggest weakness.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

We are on a 4 game losing streak...need this win.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: