Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU @ WKU - November 2, 2019

Add topic

I'm pretty sure Lane said we didn't pick the Boca Bowl
Back to the top

voss749 said

NJOWL said

dusky256fc said

voss749 said

CUSA title is meh to me at this point. I want to win out so we get a good bowl game.
Posted On: Nov 2nd 2019, 7:23 PM #390492

IMO you couldn’t be more wrong.  The most important is to win your conference, then worry about your bowl game.

Who gives a crap if you win a crappy bowl game if you lose your conference?
Posted On: Nov 2nd 2019, 7:43 PM #390494

Winner of the conference gets first choice of which bowl game they want to go to. I’d much rather win the conference. Why wouldn’t you!?!?
Posted On: Nov 2nd 2019, 10:49 PM #390507

Where did I hear that before? We won the conference in 2017…and played in the Boca Bowl while southern miss got to play FSU.

Id be happy to win the conference but right now its out of our hands. If we get to the point where we can do something i'll be right there with you.

Posted On: Nov 3rd 2019, 6:09 PM #390526

You pick the game but can’t force someone to play you. If fsu doesn’t want to play us, how would you force them to?

That’s why we got boca bowl, which is much better than that other bowl around Christmas in the middle of nowhere. 

Also “we” doesn’t mean “lane”. It also means the AD & the like, whom we never heard say they didn’t want to play in the boca bowl. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

There are tie-ins involved in all the bowl games.  Didn’t the Boca Bowl shift to having tie-ins with the AAC and somebody else now and NOT the C-USA champ?

The bowls themselves also have some say and are able to pick teams from the conferences they have associations with. The key is to get to any bowl game to get the extra practices and some additional exposure (bowl game appearances on TV help recruiting).  So whatever bowl the Owls play in is better than not being in a bowl at all. 
Back to the top

I was under the impression that it was a rotfatung toe in with c-usa, Mac, and aac.  This year involves mac/aac
Back to the top

Rotating tie in. No glasses.
Back to the top

College football bowl schedule for the 2019-20 season

Teams have very little choice in where they go bowling. Obviously bowls, conferences and schools try and work together to get the best bowl for fans to travel etc, but in the end, some will get stuck not being happy.

As for the Boca bowl, CUSA is an alternate this year behind the AAC and MAC.

Brett McMurphy did tweet out the other day that it is looking like many P5 conferences will not fill their bowl slots, so FAU might have an opportunity at bowls it normally doesn't.   
Back to the top
Control functions: