Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Week Thread: FAU @ #2 Alabama - 09/06/14 @ 12:00 PM

Add topic

The Owls' Projected Two Deep for Saturday per FAU…

Johnson and Smith both still officially listed as day-to-day, but expected to play.
Back to the top

Good to hear 'Quez and D'Joun are doing better.
Back to the top

This pretty much sums it up!

Back to the top

Coach Harriott getting some extra reps in, while preparing for the Crimson Tide…

Back to the top

Rick said

Coach Harriott getting some extra reps in, while preparing for the Crimson Tide…

Posted On: Sep 3rd 2014, 9:39 PM #334049

How do we know if this true? did someone witness it?
Back to the top

Interesting quote from Mr. Smith:

BOCA RATON – FAU cornerback D'Joun Smith offered a unique explanation as to why then No. 22 Nebraska moved the ball so freely in the Cornhuskers 55-7 season-opening victory over the Owls: FAU was over confident.

This happened despite the fact that most prognostication services considered FAU at least a three-touchdown underdog.

“Even though people thought we were the underdog in our mind we weren't the underdog,” said Smith, a preseason All-Conference USA selection.

Smith said he and his teammates thought that if they came out and “punched them in the mouth” Nebraska players would wilt, and FAU's superior talent would take over.

Nebraska, however, punched them back, racking up 784 yards of total offense – the most ever against an FAU team.

Despite those numbers Smith still thinks FAU could take Nebraska, given another shot.

“If we go back to Nebraska again I still think in our hearts, and I think we all think that, we are going in and beating them,” Smith said. “They sure weren't faster than us. We had way more speed than them. They just capitalized on our mistakes.”

http://..com/articles/246/was-fau-overconfident-against-nebraska.aspx
Back to the top

Ronniehuskerron said

BOCA RATON – FAU cornerback D'Joun Smith offered a unique explanation as to why then No. 22 Nebraska moved the ball so freely in the Cornhuskers 55-7 season-opening victory over the Owls: FAU was over confident.

This happened despite the fact that most prognostication services considered FAU at least a three-touchdown underdog.

“Even though people thought we were the underdog in our mind we weren't the underdog,” said Smith, a preseason All-Conference USA selection.

Smith said he and his teammates thought that if they came out and “punched them in the mouth” Nebraska players would wilt, and FAU's superior talent would take over.

Nebraska, however, punched them back, racking up 784 yards of total offense – the most ever against an FAU team.

Despite those numbers Smith still thinks FAU could take Nebraska, given another shot.

“If we go back to Nebraska again I still think in our hearts, and I think we all think that, we are going in and beating them,” Smith said. “They sure weren't faster than us. We had way more speed than them. They just capitalized on our mistakes.”

Posted On: Sep 4th 2014, 4:45 PM #334074

I think the best response to this is No Comment.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Ronniehuskerron said

Posted On: Sep 4th 2014, 4:45 PM #334074

We don't quote from that website.
Back to the top

The Owls might see their first taste of rain on Saturday.

Currently a 40% chance of a shower during the contest…
Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: