Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Marshall @ FAU Game Thread - October 18, 2019

Add topic

I'm not entirely sure why he threw it there…more to follow.
Back to the top

So I really felt like Marshall wasn’t all that good. Not sure what that says about the Owls.  Lots of blame by me on the Offense, but to end the first half and to end the game the D just laid down and wilted.  We deserved to lose that game even though we almost stole it. 

On the positive side, I thought the CBSSN coverage was very good. Horowitz and Kannell were the best announcers I have seen on an FAU broadcast in 3 years. 
Back to the top

They had a dude get 190 rushing yards in about 1 half. This game could have gone either way. Offensive line and poor tackling are really bad weaknesses to have. 
Back to the top

Also it’s hard to say how much of an effect it had on the outcome but the refs seemed really really bad this game. I know FAU has been getting flagged on defense pretty consistently this year but it seemed like Marshall DBs got away with a little more than FAU. 
Back to the top

OwlPT15 said

Also it’s hard to say how much of an effect it had on the outcome but the refs seemed really really bad this game. I know FAU has been getting flagged on defense pretty consistently this year but it seemed like Marshall DBs got away with a little more than FAU. 
Posted On: Oct 18th 2019, 10:43 PM #389944

It was bad but C USA refs have been just bad in general, and we got a complete gift by them not calling Davidson for the obvious fumble.
Back to the top

Robison has regressed should have bright in Francois
Back to the top

Frustrating game mainly cause it was there for the taking. Biggest missed opportunity was not putting that game away in the 1st quarter. We had Marshall on the ropes and let them off the hook. 

Robison made some boneheaded plays today but we’re not in that game without him. And wow the o line was bad today.

Gotta start a new win streak. 
Back to the top

I knew something was off with line movement before the game.  FaU went from -5.5 favs to -4.5 favs.  This is usually a sign of A someone getting blown out or B an upset is on the horizon.  I am out of town for work and watching the game on tv, man the refs did not want FAU to win.  A lot of calls were missed, for example the catch that was overruled.  There was no other angle to really overturn that call, but it was overturned killing our momentum.  Robison has flashes of brilliance,but he needs help. He’s running for his life,  the Oline play is atrocious, Coach Garin Justice was one of the mean reasons we were amazing in 2017.  Robison can throw but with no time he needs to force the ball which can be dangerous.  Then there’s luck,  how many near fumbles occurred and we didn’t get them, game changing if we do. This game seemed out of reach but it wasn’t mental mistakes, penalties and bad officiating got us.  Marshall is always hard for us,  they are our Troy but in CUSA.  I think we are an 8-4 or a 9-3 team, we just need to dig deep and find a way.
Back to the top

Looking back at the predictions,  a lot of us thought if FAU  scored 31-34 points,  we would win. I even said that this game would be a win because of our defense. We lost this game because of our  o line and our db's . Their tackling was hideous.  Chris was fine, rb's fine , wr's fine. Just no time and no holes. The most frustrating thing was the ease in which Marshall moved the ball. Oh well. I could go on all night. Also, a big hats off to the FAU  person in charge of selecting the music. Forth quarter pump you up song, acdc  thunder struck. Unfortunately,  that is a song Marshall plays to pump up their team. Just another FAUism.
Back to the top

Never seen this before, but Kiffin seems to throw a player (Robison) under the bus (on RPO reads ["4 or 5"]) as the reason we lost…

No.

Even if you take all of his negative yardage away, and give it back as positive yardage, we are 104 yards on 36 carries.

He needs to look at his choice of an OL Coach.

That is the problem.

Queue to 1:24

POST GAME 2019: Marshall - Lane Kiffin - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top
Control functions: