Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Marshall @ FAU Game Thread - October 18, 2019

Add topic

OH AND O LINE - YA SUCKED! ARSHALL HAS A DECENT PASS RUSH (3 PER GAME BEFROE YEST.) BUT YOU GUYS MADE EM LOOK ALL WORLD! THEY MORE THAN DOUBLED THEIR PER GAME AVG. AGAINST YA!!!!

OH, GUYS - ALL CAPS INTENDED HERE THIS TIME, JUST FOR THE O LINE!!! :Laughing:
Back to the top

I've been high on Robison, but he should have thrown a couple passes away safely out of bounds instead of taking 15 yard sacks. Hopefully next year he'll improve on that. I think the OL issues start with the Center. I suppose Jake Jones is the backup and we should really be giving series' to other Centers to get ready for next year. The Diaz experiment at Center is what it is. Time to move on asap
Back to the top

@jgf….i want to start by saying you have been correct about the team coming out a little flat and not jump g on the owl homer  bandwagon. I believe that the biggest weakness of this squad is the OL. As a unit, they are poor. But I would like to know how or why you have targeted one particular o lineman as the main problem. I say this because of your repeated comments about this one guy. When I played , a hundred years ago, the o line worked as a unit and one weak player amongst  four good players,  would be unrecognizable . This unit is poor. Not sure if is coaching or not. Why do you pinpoint one guy?
Back to the top

Local Owl said

@jgf….i want to start by saying you have been correct about the team coming out a little flat and not jump g on the owl homer  bandwagon. I believe that the biggest weakness of this squad is the OL. As a unit, they are poor. But I would like to know how or why you have targeted one particular o lineman as the main problem. I say this because of your repeated comments about this one guy. When I played , a hundred years ago, the o line worked as a unit and one weak player amongst  four good players,  would be unrecognizable . This unit is poor. Not sure if is coaching or not. Why do you pinpoint one guy?
Posted On: Oct 19th 2019, 10:10 AM #389968

My thoughts too, are they just blowing up the middle every pay? Blowing by him for sacks way more than the rest? Just questions of what all you guys see.
Back to the top

My rule is don’t call players out only underperforming transfers. In all seriousness Diaz just doesn’t generate push on running plays. I don’t think the lack of pass protection is his fault but our stuff rate which is off the charts is imo at least partly bc he can’t generate push. I guess OC made a great comment when he said don’t compare him to Antonyo Woods. I just want to see someone else get a meaningful series or 2 and see what happened. I agree btw that taking Tronti out on forth and 1 was mind boggling 
Back to the top

Pretty much echo everyone's statements here. I'll just add that C USA as a whole seems pretty weak from what I see with a lot of parity, and we aren't really as good as we may have hoped with the 4 straight wins. Doesn't mean we can't win the conference still and of course go bowling. This just isn't 2017. There are a lot of holes on this team.
Back to the top

I’m just going to throw some ideas out there. I think FAU needs to start recruiting the Midwest for some offensive linemen or maybe start incorporating more corn into the nutrition plan. Offensive line is strongly correlated to offensive success. We have running backs in excess in palm beach county but big bodies are hard to find and even harder to get on campus. 
    Look at FSU, 5 stars at every skill position but they neglected the offensive line.
Back to the top

I did see stats which show NT with 1 sacks and DT with 1/2 a sack, but most from LB's and DB's!

Also just saw ESPN video of our safeties being burned for 2 LONG TD's. We could not tackle them but 3 of our guys collided with each other on the TE long TD! PATHETICLY BAD - BOTH OF EM!
Back to the top

I totally agree with the no push statement. But as an outsider looking in, I don't know what they see in film review. I'm not sure who or what the problem is. As for the recruiting, OLmen  are in high demand. That is where player development  is key.
Back to the top

OwlPT15 said

I’m just going to throw some ideas out there. I think FAU needs to start recruiting the Midwest for some offensive linemen or maybe start incorporating more corn into the nutrition plan. Offensive line is strongly correlated to offensive success. We have running backs in excess in palm beach county but big bodies are hard to find and even harder to get on campus. 
    Look at FSU, 5 stars at every skill position but they neglected the offensive line.
Posted On: Oct 19th 2019, 10:46 AM #389972

Remember when Charlie took a couple of midwest linemen? Big dominate midwest linemen go to big10 schools.

The issue with oline is that its really hard to coach and most high schools do not have the resources.

With the spread offenses of the world today many kids at the lower levels and even college level are being taught to just hold blocks for a couple of seconds as everyone is trying to get the ball out of the QB's hands.

There is also an abundance of 6-4'' 255lbs 4.6 speed DE's today which just makes even harder for the guys upfront.

Trust me we look everywhere for oline and have taken multiple out of state.

I think the oline in our last class will be very strong in the coming years and they have two really good ones committed now.
Back to the top
Control functions: