Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MTSU @ FAU Game Thread - September 30, 2017

Add topic

USMCOWL said

i dont like the fact that Coach K, is keeping this competition open. Make a decision and go with it.

Posted On: Sep 26th 2017, 12:00 PM #371419

It's not Coach Kiffin (Coach K coaches at Duke and their is only 1 Coach K) who kept this competition open, its Parr and Driskel's failure to grab the job and keep the job. 
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Stop worrying about attendance. Grab your friends and go and tailgate and have a good time.
That's why I love college sports because the day is about more than just the game. Right now we have only lost 1 game we shouldn't have lost and if people want to burn their tickets after that then they should never come back.

Also I have noticed that people in the 100' sections on third down you people need to stand a make noise.
I could have sworn their has been nothing but corps down there for some of these games. Who cares about the person behind you and stand up.  
Posted On: Sep 26th 2017, 10:35 AM #371418

I am definitely not thinking about not coming - I plan on being at all of the home games and actually plan on bringing another family with us this weekend.  I was mostly curious about what impact the start has on the students and general attendance.  No doubt it will hurt the attendance, but I am in full agreement that a day of college football is only partly about the game - it is as much or more about tailgating, supporting your school (or in this case my daughter's school), etc.
Back to the top

If we meet up Owl Dad, I will buy your group a beer. This week I will be in 207. I will be the mid 50 year old guy with the gorgeous 21 year old daughter. When all else fails she is my football buddy, fishing buddy, hunting buddy, etc. She is a gamer.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

If we meet up Owl Dad, I will buy your group a beer. This week I will be in 207. I will be the mid 50 year old guy with the gorgeous 21 year old daughter. When all else fails she is my football buddy, fishing buddy, hunting buddy, etc. She is a gamer.
Posted On: Sep 26th 2017, 4:11 PM #371422

Very cool!!!
Back to the top

@LocalOwl - I am also in 207.  If the other family comes it will be 2 sets of parents and we'll send kids (teenagers) off to seats in the end zone.  If the other family doesn't come I'll have my wife and 2 younger daughters in tow (yes - that means I have 3 daughters!!!).  My FAU daughter sits in the student section - she hasn't figured out hanging out with her parents is cool.  I'll PM you but would appreciate meeting some of the people off of here.
Back to the top

Since they are in all white, assume we will be in all red…would be nice to see some blue in there at some point though - only the official university color.

:Big-Grin:

Back to the top

I really wonder if this game ever gets a line. No one knows who will be the QB on either side, and both teams could be missing other key players.

This game is total crap shoot, and it feels awful.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

I really wonder if this game ever gets a line. No one knows who will be the QB on either side, and both teams could be missing other key players.

This game is total crap shoot, and it feels awful.
Posted On: Sep 27th 2017, 10:07 AM #371431

Welcome to CUSA football!

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

It opened at - 1 FAU and the sites taking action are at - 3 FAU right now… 
Back to the top

Ok, so Stickstill has a cracked sternum AND separated collarbone…

The timetable on recovery from that is 2-3 months.

He is listed as day-to-day but think it would be a stretch (at best) to play him Saturday. If he takes another shot, could be disastrous.
Back to the top
Control functions: