Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

North Texas @ FAU Homecoming Game Thread - October 21st, 2017

Add topic

untalum14 said

DeltAlumnus said

untalum14 said

Hello.

So we got the FAU fightin' Kiffins this week.

Your strength on O is running the ball I see. Our strength on D is stopping the run.

Your strength on D is pass D. Our strength on O is everything as we're averaging 500 yards of offense a game.

If FAU can pass for well above their average, this will be a competitive game. If not, we will shore up the run and steadily pull away throughout the game. UTSA stifled the best running back in the conference, Jeff Wilson, to 83 yards on 16 attempts. Look for him to bounce back vs a suspect rush defense. I think we'll go for less than our yearly average in points and yards in this one, but we will be balanced at 200 pass and 200 rush and win the game 34-24.
Posted On: Oct 16th 2017, 11:13 AM #371864

Mtsu strength was their run defense too. 
Posted On: Oct 16th 2017, 11:44 AM #371867

MTSU has arguably the best QB in the conference….He didn't play. You can pack that up and go home with that one.

Posted On: Oct 16th 2017, 11:56 AM #371869

I know who Brent stockstill is, didn’t realize he played linebacker, or defensive tackle. Which has nothing to do with stopping the run. Which was my whole point.

The offense hasn’t allowed time to make subs in between plays many times this year. So even with the depth you might have on the front 7 teams aren’t able to make those switches mid drive. 

If you think you will stop the run. You will blow us out. Should be a great game! 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

untalum14 said

DeltAlumnus said

untalum14 said

Hello.

Your strength on O is running the ball I see. Our strength on D is stopping the run.

Your strength on D is pass D. Our strength on O is everything as we're averaging 500 yards of offense a game.

If FAU can pass for well above their average, this will be a competitive game. If not, we will shore up the run and steadily pull away throughout the game. UTSA stifled the best running back in the conference, Jeff Wilson, to 83 yards on 16 attempts. Look for him to bounce back vs a suspect rush defense. I think we'll go for less than our yearly average in points and yards in this one, but we will be balanced at 200 pass and 200 rush and win the game 34-24.

MTSU has arguably the best QB in the conference….He didn't play. You can pack that up and go home with that one.

I know who Brent stockstill is, didn’t realize he played linebacker, or defensive tackle. Which has nothing to do with stopping the run. Which was my whole point.

The offense hasn’t allowed time to make subs in between plays many times this year. So even with the depth you might have on the front 7 teams aren’t able to make those switches mid drive. 

If you think you will stop the run. You will blow us out. Should be a great game! 
Posted On: Oct 16th 2017, 12:02 PM #371870

No, typically a QB doesn't play LB or DT. But not being able to score points puts pressure on your own defense and allows the opposing offense to do what they please because they are mostly playing with a lead. It keeps opposing offenses in their comfort zone. CUSA, much like the Big12, best defense is superior offense. It takes the opposing offense out of their zone by making the staff scrap their game plan mid game. This is how you win in CUSA, and in the big12. As for right now anyway.
Back to the top

untalum14 said

DeltAlumnus said

untalum14 said

DeltAlumnus said

untalum14 said

Hello.

No, typically a QB doesn't play LB or DT. But not being able to score points puts pressure on your own defense and allows the opposing offense to do what they please because they are mostly playing with a lead. It keeps opposing offenses in their comfort zone. CUSA, much like the Big12, best defense is superior offense. It takes the opposing offense out of their zone by making the staff scrap their game plan mid game. This is how you win in CUSA, and in the big12. As for right now anyway.

Posted On: Oct 16th 2017, 12:14 PM #371871

I'm not a big fan of "what if's" because he did not play. Let's talk about what really happened, like NT barely beating UAB which hasn't had a football team in 2 years. Would you say they have a superior offense that gave you a tough time?
Back to the top

TheREALowlsley said

untalum14 said

Hello.

My favorite quote is "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth". Now of course im not attempting to sound aggressive at all but im sure you took into account that the "nice/kind green" haven't played a team with the hurry up tempo like ours.  It is great to go to the games and see how tired the other team gets and how they all have their hands on their hips by the 2nd quarter.  

I'm excited to see a much closer game against a great opponent but I hope you enjoy Devin singletary having another 100+ yards on your tired defense.
Posted On: Oct 16th 2017, 11:30 AM #371866

We had a saying like that in the military. "The plan always goes out the window when the first rounds are fired." Its true. You can plan out and sketch your game plan but situations dicate what you will call throughout the course of a game.
Back to the top

TheREALowlsley said

untalum14 said

DeltAlumnus said

untalum14 said

DeltAlumnus said

untalum14 said

Hello.

Posted On: Oct 16th 2017, 12:14 PM #371871

I'm not a big fan of "what if's" because he did not play. Let's talk about what really happened, like NT barely beating UAB which hasn't had a football team in 2 years. Would you say they have a superior offense that gave you a tough time?
Posted On: Oct 16th 2017, 12:32 PM #371872

Yes, I would say that. They saw our weakness in the first half, and started taking advantage of it in the 2nd half. They saw and exposed our weakness on D. That is how they stayed in the game. Since, they have beaten the same Stockstill-less MTSU team and they beat La Tech. Bill Clark is a damn magician, that's what he is. They are about to beat Charlotte this upcoming Saturday and will be 5-2 with one of the best records in the conference. They will be bowling this year as they will probably finish 7-5 on the year. They may even be able to split between USM and UTSA and finish the year at 8-4. It also wouldn't surprise me at all if they give a struggling UF team right now a run for their money. SoOoOoO
Back to the top

UTSA had 175 team rushing yards vs UNT.  Our #1a and #1b both can have that; throw in our #2 and it could be a long evening for you.  Hope to see a lot of UNT in the stands.  A lot of direct flights from Dallas to Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale.
Back to the top

This game can go any many directions. Both fan bases see this game as a near toss-up, something that I agree with.

One thing for sure, they are underestimating our ability to run, and we are underestimating their ability to put pass the ball.

They say they can stop the run, time well tell. We say that we dare them challenge them to throw on our DBs, as if we would dominate the skies, time well tell.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

unknown said

UTSA had 175 team rushing yards vs UNT.  Our #1a and #1b both can have that; throw in our #2 and it could be a long evening for you.  Hope to see a lot of UNT in the stands.  A lot of direct flights from Dallas to Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale.
Posted On: Oct 16th 2017, 1:14 PM #371875

Considering UT has a 28% chance of winning (ESPN) i hope it will be a long evening for the both of us! :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

I bet our DB's are very excited . They have one premier WR and he is tough . I think our backs are up for it. But, if they don't watch the run, they have a premier runner that can hurt us. Big challenge for our DCo.
Back to the top

TURNOVERS … Puttin' it on tape!

FAU #15 (Tied) in the Country @ +6
UNT #103 (Tied) in the Country @ -4
Back to the top
Control functions: