Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

North Texas @ FAU Homecoming Game Thread - October 21st, 2017

Add topic

North Texas @ FAU Homecoming Game Thread - October 21st, 2017

The Matchup: North Texas (4-2, 3-0 C-USA) vs. FAU (3-3, 2-0 C-USA)

When: Saturday, October 21st, 5:00 PM

Where: FAU Stadium

Weather: Current Conditions @ FAU Stadium

The Series: UNT leads 6-4 and the Owls have lost the last four straight.

UNT Team Site: Here

Game Information

TV: ESPN3

Live Video: None

Radio: ESPN 106.3

Stats: Here

Opening Line: TBA

Back to the top

FAU opens at - 6 vs UNT. 

That's three points higher than it was last week. 
Back to the top

Two pretty evenly matched teams. I assume they have the better QB and we have the better RBs.

Hope our offense is a little faster at putting up points and our secondary well-timed interceptions. He's apparently thrown 5 interceptions vs 14 TDs this year.
Back to the top

NT QB Fine a small guy at 5-11 173! Not bad but not a true runner or even dual threat and REALLY got hammered and his bell rung that last play vs. UTSA. THAT hit might affect him next time out! Hands UP D LINE, hands up and affect his vision AND deflect some balls!!!!!
Back to the top

Cyrus Smith, who writes for Underdog Dynasty and was recently on the podcast, was saying that Fine is the best QB in the conference and that North Texas has the best overall offense in the country.

I have a feeling like this will be one of those games that comes down to the wire, classic FAU-style.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Cyrus Smith, who writes for Underdog Dynasty and was recently on the podcast, was saying that Fine is the best QB in the conference and that North Texas has the best overall offense in the country.

I have a feeling like this will be one of those games that comes down to the wire, classic FAU-style.

Posted On: Oct 15th 2017, 8:50 PM #371854

You think this team resembles anything from the past?  "FAU-style"  If your stomach can't take it, don't watch the game.
Back to the top

Rick said

FAU opens at - 6 vs UNT. 

That's three points higher than it was last week. 
Posted On: Oct 15th 2017, 5:10 PM #371851

Spread has already been bet down to -3
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

NT QB Fine a small guy at 5-11 173! Not bad but not a true runner or even dual threat and REALLY got hammered and his bell rung that last play vs. UTSA. THAT hit might affect him next time out! Hands UP D LINE, hands up and affect his vision AND deflect some balls!!!!!
Posted On: Oct 15th 2017, 7:32 PM #371853

“Bell Rung” is an understatement! That kid got cleaned out, he couldn’t even get off the turf to celebrate the W…hopefully he has some cobwebs Saturday
Back to the top

Hey everyone, I am just dropping by to give y’all some information about UNT. Our fan forum is: gomeangreen.com. We also have a couple guys who do podcasts: meangreennation.com and on Wednesday the guys on gomeangreen do a barbershop podcast. I’m looking forward to watching us beat the Fighting Lane Kiffins this Saturday and hopefully there are no injuries for either team. :-)
Back to the top

Fine, and the whole UNT team, played their heart out on Saturday. That hit he took to deliver the game-winning TD makes you respect this kid even more, especially when you consider his size.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: