Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

North Texas @ FAU Homecoming Game Thread - October 21st, 2017

Add topic

I don't want to sound like a coach, but lets get the WKU thread going . Lets move on to the next game. Lets set more records. Lets get win #5. Lets fill the dang stadium. Lets ride this train.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I don't want to sound like a coach, but lets get the WKU thread going . Lets move on to the next game. Lets set more records. Lets get win #5. Lets fill the dang stadium. Lets ride this train.
Posted On: Oct 22nd 2017, 7:42 AM #372081

I was disappointed in the turnout yesterday.  It was homecoming.  We're winning and I feel like the 2007 team deserved more.  Once again student section practically depleted once half hit.  

Did I mention these guys are now wining? What's the problem? It was exciting to be there.
Back to the top

This.  

I was really surprised with the light turn out yesterday.  There was an announced crowd of 13,000 but the stadium didn't appear to be close to half way filled up.

We lost quite a few regular attendees from our group yesterday due to various reasons, and I've had a hard time keeping newly recruited fans coming to the games.

If having a nationally known coach and staff, exciting players, national attention (stories, stats) and a winning record isn't going to do it, what are we missing?
Back to the top

If we are 5-3 taking on Marshall, the crowd will be there.
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

This.  

I was really surprised with the light turn out yesterday.  There was an announced crowd of 13,000 but the stadium didn't appear to be close to half way filled up.

We lost quite a few regular attendees from our group yesterday due to various reasons, and I've had a hard time keeping newly recruited fans coming to the games.

If having a nationally known coach and staff, exciting players, national attention (stories, stats) and a winning record isn't going to do it, what are we missing?
Posted On: Oct 22nd 2017, 8:16 AM #372083

There has been 10 years straight of losing. Crowds aren’t gonna be there overnight. To the naked eye if you aren’t paying attention  to the program like we are FAU was a .500 football team.

USF has struggled with crowds all year, and they were a top 25 going into the year. Let’s just keep winning. 
Back to the top

owlmart said

Posted On: Oct 22nd 2017, 8:28 AM #372084

Before yesterday I would have agreed with you and I hope you’re right but I not sure.

I think the 90% rain prediction on Friday for Saturday had something to do with it but I think I might be just reaching.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

owlmart said

Posted On: Oct 22nd 2017, 8:28 AM #372084

I wholeheartedly want to believe this will happen.  Just don't believe it will but my seats will be occupied.  Go Owls!
Back to the top

As a new guy to the program, I don't know what will turn the attendance around. For the more die-hard fan, we all knew this was a big game, but the season ticket holder sections were honestly a joke regarding how many empty seats there were.  For the casual fan, it was homecoming so you would have expected at least some additional turnout that just wasn't there. 

Blame the rain, blame the seemingly mediocre record, blame the apathy from all the 3-9 seasons, but I blame the lack of any real fan base and the students.  My daughter and I walked from her dorm to the stadium about 20 mins before kickoff and we saw plenty of students heading AWAY from tailgating and back to their dorms.

This is an epedemic right now at just about all schools except for the top-tier P5 programs. But I try to make it up to watch my little FCS alma-mater play every once in awhile. They have a 14k seat stadium, have been awful forever (until this year), and generally average more than 10k "real" people in their seats for games (not announced attendance).  I literally laughed out loud when they announced nearly 14k last night - I would be extremely surprised if there was half of that there.  Winning usually cures all, but in this climate and in this location, anything short of a major curiousity (Lane's first game) or another Florida big school (Miami, FSU, etc.) probably means sporadic crowds.

I assume the FIU game will generate a relatively good crowd because of the rivalry and proximity?  With a win the Marshal game will be HUGE but I don't expect a big Friday-night crowd.  Regardless, I'll be there for both. 
Back to the top

The apparent low turnout for homecoming of all games was the only disappointment of the night. Hate seeing that beautiful stadium with so many empty seats for such a big game. Granted, any time I've actually made it to the stadium, service there has been questionable at best. Still no excuse for that. I'm sure the coaches and players were disappointed as well.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

I assume the FIU game will generate a relatively good crowd because of the rivalry and proximity?  With a win the Marshal game will be HUGE but I don't expect a big Friday-night crowd.  Regardless, I'll be there for both. 
Posted On: Oct 22nd 2017, 8:52 AM #372089

Unfortunately I wouldn't bet on that.
Back to the top
Control functions: