Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

North Texas @ FAU Homecoming Game Thread - October 21st, 2017

Add topic

+1. Love this stat.
Back to the top

Are we actually trash talking with Conference USA rivals?  Dang…starting to feel like legit college football.
Back to the top

Considering UT has a 28% chance of winning (ESPN) i hope it will be a long evening for the both of us! :Big-Grin:
Posted On: Oct 16th 2017, 4:22 PM #371877
Ask UTSA about their 99.9% ESPN chance to win with 1:06 left on the clock… Hi, looking forward to the game. 
Back to the top

Love seeing the banter from fans who can actually hold a conversation *checks out FlU's message board*

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Still some time to go and things could always change, but rain is forecast pretty much all day for Saturday…

Back to the top

UNT_CawCaw (Guest) said

Ask UTSA about their 99.9% ESPN chance to win with 1:06 left on the clock… Hi, looking forward to the game. 
Posted On: Oct 16th 2017, 10:05 PM #371882

Latest "probability" is FAU at 58%.

On a side note:

Rain can wreak havoc on us…we have never been a good rain team.

But considering you guys depend on the pass more than we do, I am curious as to what your thoughts are given the likelihood we will see some weather Saturday?

Back to the top

Local Owl said

I bet our DB's are very excited . They have one premier WR and he is tough . I think our backs are up for it. But, if they don't watch the run, they have a premier runner that can hurt us. Big challenge for our DCo.
Posted On: Oct 16th 2017, 4:37 PM #371878

We have far more than 1 WR. We have 3 or 4 very, very capable WR's. We do have a premier RB though, the leading rusher in conference. We can come at you in several ways from several angles.

Our D can be suspect and we have not been able to create many turnovers. Rush D is the best aspect of our D, but we can still be out there at times too long.

I expect this to be a good game with 2-3 3rd quarter game changing plays that will allow a team to separate itself.

Glory to the Green!

Back to the top

Rick said

UNT_CawCaw (Guest) said

Posted On: Oct 16th 2017, 10:05 PM #371882

Latest "probability" is FAU at 58%.

On a side note:

Rain can wreak havoc on us…we have never been a good rain team.

But considering you guys depend on the pass more than we do, I am curious as to what your thoughts are given the likelihood we will see some weather Saturday?

Posted On: Oct 17th 2017, 9:12 AM #371887

With this current team, this year and last, we have played in bad weather twice. We didn't play particularly well in either game, but went 1-1. We have a good running game so if we have to lay on it to get the ball moving we will be able to. We have a decent OL, and they are very big. They can open holes once they get some positive momentum going. If the weather goes completely south, this falls into favor a bit for FAU. You guys rely on your running game a bit more through necessity as is and you are playing at home.
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Love seeing the banter from fans who can actually hold a conversation *checks out FlU's message board*
Posted On: Oct 16th 2017, 11:09 PM #371883

Haha I bet UTSA's is even worse!
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Posted On: Oct 16th 2017, 11:09 PM #371883

FIU?

Pull up the Miami thread from last year. That thread makes this one look like a group of Harvard and MIT scientists discussing the correlation between Quantum Physics and Finite Elements.  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top
Control functions: