Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

North Texas @ FAU Homecoming Game Thread - October 21st, 2017

Add topic

Inclement weather makes me a bit skeptical about this game.

In all, I think both teams are evenly matched. If FAU used the bye week to improve the run defense, I'm sure we will win.

We played vs ODU with a HS Senior (Or Junior). We played vs MTSU without their stud QB. Not to take anything away from our team's current success, but I think North Texas will be our first conference matchup - our real test.

Go Owls!!! And pray Zeus loves him some Owl Football.
Back to the top

When UNT fans say they’ll hold Motor, Buddy, and company to less than 100 yards.

Back to the top

I watched the UNT game last Saturday and although they have multiple WRs, one was thrown to the vast majority of the time. Our DBs will be all over him. The good news is the Green QB is a thrower  and a hand  offer. Not a runner. I'm tired of running QBs.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I watched the UNT game last Saturday and although they have multiple WRs, one was thrown to the vast majority of the time. Our DBs will be all over him. The good news is the Green QB is a thrower  and a hand  offer. Not a runner. I'm tired of running QBs.
Posted On: Oct 17th 2017, 4:23 PM #371895

Can't wait to see Snyder, Taleni, and dem boys pin the ears back!
Back to the top

LOL said

When UNT fans say they’ll hold Motor, Buddy, and company to less than 100 yards.

Posted On: Oct 17th 2017, 4:03 PM #371894

Most probably won't get this…but, what he is really saying is:

I'll see your rusty democrat and raise you eight star republicans.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

He was thrown to a lot bc NutsaCK kept leaving him open, wide open in some cases. Our QB is able to find the open guy and we have multiple guys capable of getting open.

StPeteOwl said

Local Owl said

Can't wait to see Snyder, Taleni, and dem boys pin the ears back!
Posted On: Oct 17th 2017, 4:39 PM #371896

Pin them back, UNT will start pick that D apart if so.  

LOL said

Posted On: Oct 17th 2017, 4:03 PM #371894

No one is saying FAU will be held under 100 yards as a team. That's nonsensical. But only 1 back has eclipsed 100 yards on UNT's D, and that was Ito Smith of Southern Miss (102 yards).

Back to the top

UNTAlum….love your confidence. Most QBs kind find the open guy…..given enough time. Our DBs are the best part of our D.  To be honest , I'm more concerned with your RB. But we have very quick LBs. Typical SoFlo  football players. Love to run and hit. Just like Texas kids. Should be a good game. I'm glad it is in Boca.
Back to the top

We go 6 deep at receiver. We have a quality Tight End. Yes Jeffrey Wilson is the stud RB, but we have a freshman RB that is capable of doing just as much damage if given the carries. He can also be used in the slot or out of the back field. I respect your DBs, but I think the run/short game will work to our advantage. Give me UNT 35 FAU 32
Back to the top

Oh. Well then you win. Why even play Saturday.
Back to the top

any of you UNT fans coming to paradise for the game? I’d love for you to see what a quality stadium looks like. Where you don’t have to park in a church lot down a side road, seat backs everywhere and beers flowing. Not that my experience in Denton was bad…wait, yes it was.
Back to the top
Control functions: