Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

North Texas @ FAU Homecoming Game Thread - October 21st, 2017

Add topic

Good luck, Owls!
Back to the top

teambeer said

any of you UNT fans coming to paradise for the game? I’d love for you to see what a quality stadium looks like. Where you don’t have to park in a church lot down a side road, seat backs everywhere and beers flowing. Not that my experience in Denton was bad…wait, yes it was.

Posted On: Oct 17th 2017, 8:25 PM #371902

Excited for the upcoming game. Cannot imagine for the life of me how any person on earth could ever disparage Apogee stadium as a venue. I've been to stadiums and arenas across the world, and Apogee is easily in my top 5. It was designed by the same group that did JerryWorld™ and is an LEED certified sports venue. Great sightlines, delicious local craft beer, beautiful Texas weather. What in Florida could possibly be better? ;)

GMG 
Back to the top

The weather report is probably going to change 10 more times before gameday gets here. 
Back to the top

untalum14 said

Local Owl said

I watched the UNT game last Saturday and although they have multiple WRs, one was thrown to the vast majority of the time. Our DBs will be all over him. The good news is the Green QB is a thrower  and a hand  offer. Not a runner. I'm tired of running QBs.
Posted On: Oct 17th 2017, 4:23 PM #371895
He was thrown to a lot bc NutsaCK kept leaving him open, wide open in some cases. Our QB is able to find the open guy and we have multiple guys capable of getting open.

StPeteOwl said

Local Owl said

I watched the UNT game last Saturday and although they have multiple WRs, one was thrown to the vast majority of the time. Our DBs will be all over him. The good news is the Green QB is a thrower  and a hand  offer. Not a runner. I'm tired of running QBs.
Posted On: Oct 17th 2017, 4:23 PM #371895
Can't wait to see Snyder, Taleni, and dem boys pin the ears back!
Posted On: Oct 17th 2017, 4:39 PM #371896
Pin them back, UNT will start pick that D apart if so.

LOL said

When UNT fans say they’ll hold Motor, Buddy, and company to less than 100 yards.

Posted On: Oct 17th 2017, 4:03 PM #371894
No one is saying FAU will be held under 100 yards as a team. That's nonsensical. But only 1 back has eclipsed 100 yards on UNT's D, and that was Ito Smith of Southern Miss (102 yards).

Posted On: Oct 17th 2017, 4:53 PM #371898
Is there room in your Moms basement to watch this game? Or was that foreclosed on as well? HOOT
Back to the top

untalum14 said

LOL said

When UNT fans say they’ll hold Motor, Buddy, and company to less than 100 yards.

Posted On: Oct 17th 2017, 4:03 PM #371894

No one is saying FAU will be held under 100 yards as a team. That's nonsensical. But only 1 back has eclipsed 100 yards on UNT's D, and that was Ito Smith of Southern Miss (102 yards).

Posted On: Oct 17th 2017, 4:53 PM #371898

1. Ito only ran the ball 13 times against UNT.

2. We're going to run the ball 50+ times. With more than half going to the #8 rusher in the nation. Y'all going to have a solid day passing on us, and Motor will get over 100 yards. That's just how this one is going to go.

4. We're going to get over 350 yards passing?  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  Now that's a good one!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

teambeer said

any of you UNT fans coming to paradise for the game? I’d love for you to see what a quality stadium looks like. Where you don’t have to park in a church lot down a side road, seat backs everywhere and beers flowing. Not that my experience in Denton was bad…wait, yes it was.
Posted On: Oct 17th 2017, 8:25 PM #371902

Apogee is actually top class, easily one of the best in the conference. Now, we do have 100% seatbacks, a view of the ocean, and palm trees inside the stadium, but I guess that's neither here nor there.  :Big-Grin:

Back to the top

Yes, Ito ran 102 yds on 13 attempts. 65 came on a popped play in the 1st quarter. For 3.5 quarters he went 12 carries for 37 yards.

There aren't basements in Texas. Jokes on you. But I do quite well for myself.

And for anyone to be critical of Apogee Stadium is damn foolish. Or Denton for that matter.

And your stadium, though it sits in a beautiful place, is high school-ish. Reminds me of MTSU's. Giant bleacher seating with metal handrails all over the place.

Drinking owl tears on Saturday night is going to be so sweet.

Glory to the Green!
Back to the top

untalum14 said

Yes, Ito ran 102 yds on 13 attempts. 65 came on a popped play in the 1st quarter. For 3.5 quarters he went 12 carries for 37 yards.

There aren't basements in Texas. Jokes on you. But I do quite well for myself.

And for anyone to be critical of Apogee Stadium is damn foolish. Or Denton for that matter.

And your stadium, though it sits in a beautiful place, is high school-ish. Reminds me of MTSU's. Giant bleacher seating with metal handrails all over the place.

Drinking owl tears on Saturday night is going to be so sweet.

Glory to the Green!
Posted On: Oct 17th 2017, 11:32 PM #371911

I get it UNT has the greatest run defense in the world. 
Back to the top

untalum14 said

??? Apogee has both those things. Metal handrails make sense for safety reasons so that's irrelevant.

I believe the root of your misunderstanding is confusion about the stadiums of FAU (us) vs FIU.

This is ours, with all chairback seating, mini beach, an open air deck and a view of the ocean:

But FIU and MTSU have similar layouts:

This is FIU:

This is MTSU:

Actually IIRC the above design is something FIU would like to expand to someday, should the need arise.
Back to the top

untalum14 said

Posted On: Oct 17th 2017, 11:32 PM #371911

Whose man is this?

Back to the top
Control functions: