Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Old Dominion @ FAU Game Thread - November 12, 2016

Add topic

At least we have an NFL caliber punter

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Seriously Shomp is nasty! The rest of em, brutal, but Dalton is awesome!
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

@Coach Roc you are and failure life please leave the country.
Posted On: Nov 19th 2016, 9:09 PM #362601

Gee OC40 you are posting earlier than usual why is that? ;-)

Its one thing hearing you on the board, its another hearing you at a game.

I said somebody "That sounds like oc40"
They said to me "That is OC40"

:Laughing:

Back to the top

voss749 said

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Nov 19th 2016, 11:16 PM #362615

Hahaha
I think I've seen him at every game this season. Can't say he doesn't support the team!

Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

voss749 said

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Nov 19th 2016, 11:16 PM #362615

Hahaha
I think I've seen him at every game this season. Can't say he doesn't support the team!

Posted On: Nov 19th 2016, 11:29 PM #362623

Hes so famous he has his own police protection ;-)
Back to the top

All I remember hearing is "arrest me?? Why don't you go down on the field and arrest them!!" While he points at our coaching staff… hilarious. 

I am amazed that our coaching staff family members opt to sit in the stands though, they have to know there will be disappointed consumers when you are 3-9 x 3. 
Back to the top

I still predict Chuck will remain the coach. With one game remaining, he has nine wins in three years. Almost every school in the nation would replace him. But we are fau. For some reason, our leaders think they have a better plan then everyone else. MINIMALLY, Chuck should stay, our new OC should stay , but Roc should go. Minimally. I hope the board has a close eye on the money numbers because this program, as it stands today, is a money loser. I want so bad to see it turn the corner.  But I'm afraid we have the wrong people in the positions of power. I swear  there was no one sitting within ten seats of us yesterday. That is a sad situation. In all my years , I have never seen FAU football at such a low point. No local support. No local interest. No local coverage. Just the same 5000 fans week after week. OC40 is saying and doing what most of us are thinking. Even the oldsters up in the red seats are bi-ching. That's bad. I wish the program luck. They need it. Bring on Basketball, Baseball and Softball
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I still predict Chuck will remain the coach. With one game remaining, he has nine wins in three years. Almost every school in the nation would replace him. But we are fau. For some reason, our leaders think they have a better plan then everyone else. MINIMALLY, Chuck should stay, our new OC should stay , but Roc should go. Minimally. I hope the board has a close eye on the money numbers because this program, as it stands today, is a money loser. I want so bad to see it turn the corner.  But I'm afraid we have the wrong people in the positions of power. I swear  there was no one sitting within ten seats of us yesterday. That is a sad situation. In all my years , I have never seen FAU football at such a low point. No local support. No local interest. No local coverage. Just the same 5000 fans week after week. OC40 is saying and doing what most of us are thinking. Even the oldsters up in the red seats are bi-ching. That's bad. I wish the program luck. They need it. Bring on Basketball, Baseball and Softball
Posted On: Nov 20th 2016, 8:16 AM #362631

The OC can kick rocks too. Haven't seen anything impressive. Our 3rd down conversions or lack there of suck. No points in 2nd half sucks. Dont even have to sit in your ticketed seats bc no-one but us on this board shows up sucks.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Posted On: Nov 20th 2016, 8:16 AM #362631

This is exactly what I just posted in the "Fire Charlie" thread.  Not making a change will likely just cost us more in the long term.  It's not just that our attendance is embarrassing either. With 2 years left on his deal, next season we will either have to fire or extend Partridge anyway since you aren't going to allow him to be a lame duck coach.  There is no evidence that this team is improving on the field.  I see no reason to believe we will improve significantly next year, so just cut your losses now.  

In 3 years he hasn't been able to win more than 3 games a season.  FIU's INTERIM coach just won his 4th game last night…let that sink in…

Back to the top

Local Owl said

I still predict Chuck will remain the coach. With one game remaining, he has nine wins in three years. Almost every school in the nation would replace him. But we are fau. For some reason, our leaders think they have a better plan then everyone else.

To play devil's advocate here, perhaps Kelly and Chun are doing the gentlemanly thing and waiting for the season to end before firing Charlie.

We'll find out after the next game.

Local Owl said

In all my years , I have never seen FAU football at such a low point. No local support. No local interest. No local coverage.

I remember some pretty desolate days at Lockhart Stadium when it felt like there were about 100 people at the game.

But I disagree about local coverage. We're actually getting quite a bit with the SS's new guy, Matthew DeFranks, who is shooting video from the stadium and everything. He's doing a fantastic job.

Even better, despite the record he doesn't visibly hold the program in contempt like some other beat writers have done, which is much appreciated.
Back to the top
Control functions: