Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

WKU @ FAU Homecoming Game Thread - November 10, 2018

Add topic

Owls are victorious on Homecoming night! One more win and we're bowl eligible!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Great night! I wanna know the total tally of who's hurt, though. I guess Jake will Jake.
Back to the top

FAU should have won by more. Struggled finishing drives once again. 

UNT is beatable even on this short travel week. Let’s win out 
Back to the top

ODU is a weird team. We beat them. But they have played very well in other games. I think they are going to be very good next season. If we run the ball and prevent turn overs, we can beat UNT.  The Sun Sentinal already has a story posted that says , it doesn't matter who is QB as long as we can run. I think the story is right on. Shout out to our OL. They have really picked it up the past couple of weeks.
Back to the top

Am I the only one that walked away from that game believing we are hot garbage.  
Back to the top

Roscoeowl said

Am I the only one that walked away from that game believing we are hot garbage.  
Posted On: Nov 10th 2018, 10:28 PM #383159

Yeah I mean very disappointing how drives stalled in the red zone once again. But defense Played well, and the offense moved the ball well. 

So I would say hot garbage is a bit much other than the red zone offense 
Back to the top

I was out all night with my wife and friends. I kept up with the ESPN app best I could. No detail though.
Why did Johnson play so little?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

I was out all night with my wife and friends. I kept up with the ESPN app best I could. No detail though.
Posted On: Nov 10th 2018, 11:53 PM #383163

He didn’t look good at all and turned the ball over twice. Robison again showed us he’s our best QB and why Lane is so reluctant to go away from him
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Posted On: Nov 10th 2018, 11:53 PM #383163

As a huge Johnson proponent, I'll be the first to admit he wasn't overly effective in his limited time, although he did have a TD called back for another low block penalty and did make a few passes. Had an INT and almost had another TO. The offense after a while got going with Robison,  but the real damage was the two headed monster RBs wearing down WKU.

I would have started Johnson who I think deserved to start after last week, but it is pretty clear now that Lane is absolutely hellbent on going with Robison. Maybe last week was the wake up call Robison needed. UNT is vulnerable, but on the road that will be different animal, so that will be a test to see if Robison has really turned a corner IMO.
Back to the top

You gotta appreciate a fan like D-Owl, that can have a gut feeling, but has the ability to see things another way. Early on, I was a fan of Robison. I knew there would be growing pains. After FIU, I was thinking we need to play Johnson if we wanted to go Bowling. Now, like D-Owl, I'm thinking Chris. I wish I could put D'Andre's legs on Chris. Bottom line, Lane and company needs to see which one has the hot hand and play them. I'm glad I'm a fan and not a coach.
Back to the top
Control functions: