Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

IBM to add 25,000 jobs over the next 4 years

Add topic

I wonder if IBM will increase their capacity back in Boca Raton. It will probably never be what it was but this could be good for the city and FAU. IBM has had a presence there since the 60s and hired a lot of FAU graduates back in the day.
IBM Stadium.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I don't think they could, could they?

I mean Blue Lake is half rented to a school I think…
Back to the top

I don't know exactly what their plans are and what parts of there business they plan to expand. All I am putting out there is this could happen. IBM has been down there almost 50 years. Its a nice place to recruit top people to work. Almost like Palo Alto in California. Believe me, that is important. This city I live in used to be the international HQ for Archer Daniels Midland, a Fortune 100 company. In the last 3 years they moved the HQ to Chicago because they couldn't recruit top notch people to move to this shrinking little city. If you were highly successful in your profession and could get offers anywhere in the world, you would not choose here to live here.
I retired from Archer Daniels Midland as a Senior Accounting Analyst. Unfortunately I am not world class material.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I tapped MLBBoca for feedback to see if he knows anything...he is pretty well connected on the city stuff.
Back to the top
Control functions: