Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Nebraska Spring Red vs. White Game

Add topic

Re: Nebraska Spring Red vs. White Game

People have been talking like that for years, since I've been here in '99. It's an interesting idea but it won't happen. Wellington is very nice and glamorous in it self but these rich people love to show off and if they can live in Boca Point or places like that and they can have an address in Boca that's all they really want.

Boca Raton is synonymous with rich people especially for those people who have never been there . Even in the Seinfeld show, he had a lot of money so he bought his parents a place in Boca Raton (Del Boca Vista lol).

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Even in the Seinfeld show, he had a lot of money so he bought his parents a place in Boca Raton (Del Boca Vista lol).

Wow, talk about nailing the ridiculous Boca names. Del Boca Vista. Jeez.
Back to the top

haha yeah it's funny but that hick who lives in the mid west somewhere and watches that show will think it's like that. Some redneck in the middle of Nebraska has no idea that Boca is a lot more then just rich old people

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

b_rider72 said

Thats a college town for you.

Actually it's more than just the college town of Lincoln that supports Nebraska. We went out to the College World Series a few years ago and there were tons of people in Omaha, which is about an hour away, wearing Nebraska football shirts in June. It was really hard to go anywhere in Omaha where you couldn't find someone wearing red.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Theres no other team though, at least not at DI level.  If you are from Nebraska you are a cornhusker, you dont really have a choice.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

Theres no other team though, at least not at DI level.  If you are from Nebraska you are a cornhusker, you dont really have a choice.

Creighton is Division 1 and located in Omaha.

From their wikipedia page:

During the span from 1998 to 2001, Creighton was one of only three schools in the nation to send a team to the NCAA Tournament in basketball, soccer, and baseball. Creighton is the nation’s only school with 10 straight postseason appearances in both men’s basketball and men’s soccer.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

fauowl09 said

A guy who worked at one of our Nebraska facilities has lunch with us everyday. Today he said the tickets for the spring game were going for as high as $100. Nebraska probably brought in more money in ticket sales for their spring game then we do for the season. I did offer the question, "what else is there to do in Nebraska"?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Fledgling said

SeminOWL2006 said

Creighton is Division 1 and located in Omaha.

From their wikipedia page:

During the span from 1998 to 2001, Creighton was one of only three schools in the nation to send a team to the NCAA Tournament in basketball, soccer, and baseball. Creighton is the nation’s only school with 10 straight postseason appearances in both men’s basketball and men’s soccer.

Thats well and good but I was referring to Div 1 football.  Its not like Florida where kids grow up either a Seminole, Gator, Hurricane, (and now others perhaps), over there they may root for Creighton in those other sports but when football season comes around its Nebraska Football

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

p.s. Seinfeld's "real" mom lives in Boca Raton.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

I've been to games at Lincoln twice. The fans are amazingly supportive (at least until last year's debacle).

The stadium is impressive and large, but not as large (or perhaps as impressive) as what Florida, Auburn, LSU, Tennessee, etc. have.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Lincoln is a mid-size city (smaller than the West Palm area) but an hour or so away from a large city, Omaha (Miami-like downtown).

There are few if any pro sports. It is cold much of the time.

When FAU goes there, prepare to answer questions from Husker fans about your team and players. Their fans are very knowledgeable. And friendly.

BTW, Nebraska defeated Troy 42-14 in Troy's inaugural I-A year (2001…Troy led that game early), 31-16 in 2002, and 30-0 in 2003. Attendance ranged from 77,799 to 84,812 (sellouts).
Back to the top
Control functions: