Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Timucua Hall Out with the Old, in with New?

Add topic

I posted this below but was curious as to what is going up in its place I assume another dorm but they were talking about a wellness center is that going up in that area well?

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.fau.edu/housing/construction.html
Back to the top

That dorm in the picture looks like what was dorm 21, the women's dorm. That was the largest, newest dorm on campus while I was there. Is there any of the old original ones left? I was in dorm 6 while I was there. I don't remember its name.

This is too cool. I can clearly see the window of my girl frend's (while I was there) dorm room. It is on the end so I would knock on it so she knew I was waiting at the door. The east tower, bottom picture on the left, botttom floor, last window on the right. Looking at it brings back all kinds of memories!!!

Is there a drought going on down there right now? That grass is dead.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Wild firesa in the back yard it's so dry :P
Back to the top

That was the girls dorm in my day at FAU... Oh the memories....lol
Back to the top

I know there is limited space and FAU is growing, etc. Its a little sad to see some of those things go. The times I have been back to the campus, I visted my old dorm & walked though the hall. If I was there with someone it was fun showing them where I had lived for a couple of years.

I can't count the number of times I snuck in and out of dorm 21 after visiting hours for men were over. :-X

Back to the top

The only old dorms left are Timucua(1969) and Algonquin(196?). Only other dorms are Indian River Towers(199?) and Heritage Park Tower(1999). In place of Timucua is going to be a new dorm. I believe that after that is finished Algonquin will be torn down too. It is the alternative site for the wellness center, but I think they are going to build more dorms , or better yet the thing major universities have and FAU doesn't— GREEK HOUSING! Also included with the dome project are somewhere between 4 to 8 new dorms to be built to the start of the project.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

According to the FAU website, Greek housing is on the list of things to do.

Back to the top

Greek housing has been on that list almost as long as the football stadium....
Back to the top

HOTEL said

Greek housing has been on that list almost as long as the football stadium….

On that "strategic plan" located on the web site, greek housing is specifically listed. A stadium is not. It only mentions "athletic facilities". Nothing specific.

Are they going to have enough available rooms for fall 2006?

I expect they are replacing these dorms with larger, taller buildings, otherwise I'm not sure why they are replacing this one. The one in the picture, 21, was the largest on campus while I was there and was in good shape.

Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Are they going to have enough available rooms for fall 2006?

I expect they are replacing these dorms with larger, taller buildings, otherwise I'm not sure why they are replacing this one. The one in the picture, 21, was the largest on campus while I was there and was in good shape.

The dorm they tore down was closed before Fall 2005, so there will be the same number of beds this coming year as there was last year.

Indian River Towers is 5 floors and Heritage Park Towers is 7.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top
Control functions: