Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2013 Owl's Nest Final Four Contest - Sponsored by ItsOwlTime.com!

Add topic

Re: 2013 Owl's Nest Final Four Contest - $100 Prize Sponsored by ItsOwlTime.com!

2013 Owl's Nest Final Four Contest - $100 Prize Sponsored by ItsOwlTime.com!

Jab979 said

What a crazy tournament its been!

Looking at the list of who everyone picked as their champion, only 2 people (Robyn S, Owlmart) still have the team they picked to win it all, still playing (both picked 'Cuse)

There's a Michigan and a bunch of Louisville picks…???

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Re: 2013 Owl's Nest Final Four Contest - $100 Prize Sponsored by ItsOwlTime.com!

This is it, we are officially down to the wire as the the Final Four begins tomorrow!

Schedule:

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Great to see the 1976 Indiana Hoosiers honored at halftime of the Final Four as the greatest team in history.

For those who were around then, know what a great team that was.  I was around and watched every single game they played in 1976.  They went undefeated during the season and ran the table in the tournament to become the last team to go undefeated.  Good to see my old friend, Kent Benson during the halftime celebration.  Kent went to my high school in Indiana (although 7 years earlier).  He was Mr. Basketball of Indiana in High School, played for the undefeated team at Indiana University, won the national championship, was named the MVP of the tournament, and was picked as the first pick in the 1977 NBA draft.

Great basketball memories.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Great to see the 1976 Indiana Hoosiers honored at halftime of the Final Four as the greatest team in history.

For those who were around then, know what a great team that was.  I was around and watched every single game they played in 1976.  They went undefeated during the season and ran the table in the tournament to become the last team to go undefeated.  Good to see my old friend, Kent Benson during the halftime celebration.  Kent went to my high school in Indiana (although 7 years earlier).  He was Mr. Basketball of Indiana in High School, played for the undefeated team at Indiana University, won the national championship, was named the MVP of the tournament, and was picked as the first pick in the 1977 NBA draft.

Great basketball memories.

Good stuff, and thanks for sharing…They should have flown you in to be a part of the ceremony!

Did Bob Knight throw any chairs that year??

;D

Back to the top

Updated player's standings through The Final Four!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Rick said

Updated player's standings through The Final Four!

Looks like a runaway winner without even playing the final game!
Back to the top

Gotta root for Louisville because they have a kid named Russ Smith!!  ;D
Back to the top

fauowl said

Gotta root for Louisville because they have a kid named Russ Smith!!  ;D

:D

I gotta root for Louisville because that is my ticket out of the Dungeon!

(wow, what a lame showing so far!)
Back to the top

Great game and congrats to David L for having such a lead that even the wrong natl champ didn't hurt him!
Back to the top

Congrats David!  Great picking!  You actually won with Michigan as your champ.  Having 3 of the final 4 definitely helped.

GO OWLS
Back to the top
Control functions: