Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Amber Kitties turn on thier blogger...

Add topic

Good Stuff from the Miami Herald today.

You want answers? You want the truth? You can't handle the truth! | FIU Panthers Prowl

Long story shot, last week a FIU player was arrested for Pot. It was a very small amount from what I recall. Thier blogger brought it up in thier blog along with the mug shots of the player.

Kitty fans went ape. They are now saying that the blogger and the Miami Herals have an agenda against FIU and are actively trying to hold them down and only report negative information. This blog entry is directly responding to those accusations.

Love me some Kitty paranoia. :D

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Amber Kitties turn on thier blogger...

owlfamily said

Good Stuff from the Miami Herald today.

You want answers? You want the truth? You can't handle the truth! | FIU Panthers Prowl

Long story shot, last week a FIU player was arrested for Pot. It was a very small amount from what I recall. Thier blogger brought it up in thier blog along with the mug shots of the player.

Kitty fans went ape. They are now saying that the blogger and the Miami Herals have an agenda against FIU and are actively trying to hold them down and only report negative information. This blog entry is directly responding to those accusations.

Love me some Kitty paranoia. :D

Didn't we just have a thread here accusing our Sun Sentinel writer of the same thing?!?  It's all nonsense.

Although, FIU fans have long been paranoid about the Herald.  I'd be kind of embarrassed if I were one of their fans.  Their guy, David J. Neal, is actually very good so I don't get their hate.  He's just doing his job.  If they don't like him reporting negative news, then perhaps they should hope that their players stop doing stupid things…like getting arrested or failing classes.

Back to the top

The vehemence is what struck me as funny.

While some here think that Dieter wasnt doing enough FAU coverage, I dont think ANY of us think he and the Sun-Sentinel have an agenda against FAU and are actively seeking its ruin.

If an FAU player gets arrested I have no issue with it being published. When the copper wire was stolen by an FAU player (I cant remember who) Ted reported it.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

The vehemence is what struck me as funny.

While some here think that Dieter wasn't doing enough FAU coverage, I don't think ANY of us think he and the Sun-Sentinel have an agenda against FAU and are actively seeking its ruin.

If an FAU player gets arrested I have no issue with it being published. When the copper wire was stolen by an FAU player (I cant remember who) Ted reported it.

Some people accused Dieter of only being negative too…which is wrong.

However, some of the FIU people are taking this to a new level.  They think the Herald is conspiring with UM to run some sort of smear campaign against them.  Which is ridiculous since UM doesn't care about them. 
Back to the top

Amber Kitties turn on thier blogger...

The paranoia has been around for a loooong time, and predates DJN. Pete's farewell blog (some saw it as unprofessional, others were ok with) detailed events which further fueled the paranoia. Then there was Adam. Little love lost between Beasley and Panthernation as Adam was not afraid to show he was pissed with the assignment to FIU beat.

All of this mad hate for DJN started after the firing of Mario, with DJN seen as a Mario supporter and a Garcia hater (there is one camp that is happy Mario was fired, there is another camp that is pissed over the firing and PG performance). Any report or comment that is perceived to be negative is seen as an attack on Pete Garcia and by extension FIU.

If you read the comments and the fiugoldenpanther.com site, there is approximately a 50/50 split on DJN.

The UM/Herald paranoia is a long way from going away. The difference between your situation at the sun-sentinel is we have a vocal bunch who will demand that FIU get attention from the paper. But there is also a vocal bunch who will ask why we desire whatever attention we get in the paper (generally UM supporter). This is all good for the Herald as it drives interest.
Back to the top

FIU4ever said

The UM/Herald paranoia is a long way from going away. The difference between your situation at the sun-sentinel is we have a vocal bunch who will demand that FIU get attention from the paper. But there is also a vocal bunch who will ask why we desire whatever attention we get in the paper (generally UM supporter). This is all good for the Herald as it drives interest.

Im just kind of stunned that some portion of the fan base TRULY believes that the Herald is out to get FIU. Papers care about one thing and one thing only. VIEWERSHIP. As Dieter said here and DJN said in his post, unless it moves the needle the papers could care less about both our programs. The MH and the SS have no vendetta against either of our programs and to believe otherwise is just plain loco.

And your right, FIU fans cant have it both ways. If you want the good (Wins, Confrences moves) you have to take the bad as well (Arrests, Scandals, APR)

Back to the top
Control functions: