Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2010 Owl's Nest Pick 'Em - Point Standings

Re: 2010 Owl's Nest Pick 'Em - Point Standings

2010 Owl's Nest Pick 'Em - Point Standings

It's fun! Thanks again for doing this. I can't believe I finished second and didn't win a single week.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Prize information is forthcoming!
Back to the top

Rick said

Prize information is forthcoming!

Woot! Thanks for running this contest!
Back to the top

Congrats & great job Lago!

Thank you for putting this together every year Francois.

I just wanted to put in my two cents about the upset scenarios.  I'm not sure how everyone else feels, however I think that we should know the upset games ahead of picking–so that we can take a chance and gamble.  I think we would have more takers on the upsets because you have a chance at more points.

What does everyone else think?
Back to the top

OWL4EVER said

Congrats & great job Lago!

Thank you for putting this together every year Francois.

I just wanted to put in my two cents about the upset scenarios.  I'm not sure how everyone else feels, however I think that we should know the upset games ahead of picking–so that we can take a chance and gamble.  I think we would have more takers on the upsets because you have a chance at more points.

What does everyone else think?

I like that idea. So if it comes down to the last week and you're down by 6 or 7 points you can gamble and pick some upsets and in hopes that maybe you get enough right that it just may put you into 1st

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Like stated before... I think the upset picks should be automatic, if less than 5 people pick a certain team and that team wins, that would be an upset for sure, and those people would get the extra pt.
Back to the top

I don't mind the upset picks but they should be announced with the game card not after the picks have been made.  That would be like changing the rules of the game in the middle of the game, bad idea.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Thanks for the feedback guys…I tried the upset picks for the first time this go around and basically used a % system, similar to NCowl's ideal.

If I use the upset picks next year, I will add a rule that will handle this part.  I will probably add one or two more Tie-Breakers games to the card next time.
Back to the top

Some of you had question about the prizes….

Weekly winners got Owls Nest T-Shirts.

For the Top prizes…..1st place (Lago) - Autograph football from Howard…2nd place (Owl4ever) Baseball Cap…3rd (smittysahoot) Mouse pad.
Back to the top

Francois said

Some of you had question about the prizes….

Weekly winners got Owls Nest T-Shirts.

For the Top prizes…..1st place (Lago) - Autograph football from Howard…2nd place (Owl4ever) Baseball Cap…3rd (smittysahoot) Mouse pad.

Thanks for including second place prizes Francois–looking forward to wearing my baseball cap!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: