Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016-17 Owl's Nest Bowl Pick 'Em Sponsored by It's Owl Time!

Updated player standings through December 23rd…

Back to the top

Today's lone contest…

Dec. 24   Hawaii   Honolulu, Hawaii   8 p.m. (ESPN)   Middle Tennessee (8-4) vs. Hawaii (6-7)
Back to the top

Hawaii Bowl

Final
Hawaii: 52
MTSU: 35
Back to the top

There are no games today, here's the updated player standings through December 24th…

Merry Christmas!

Back to the top

Wow, MTSU laid an egg, Too much beach before the game?  Damn Roc made them look good too.
Oh well, so much for those 34 points. CUSA still 4-2 though, C'mon NT!
Back to the top

I think that FAU, at the end of the season, was just a very very bad team. After the MTSU game, I was finished with the previous staff.
Back to the top

After ODU to me. Roc made WR's playing QB conference players of the week two times in a row, and this coming off two conference wins in a row. Just a real bad DC to me!
Back to the top

Here's today's schedule…

Dec. 26   St. Pete   St. Petersburg, Fla.   11 a.m. (ESPN)   Miami (Ohio) (6-6) vs. Mississippi State (5-7)

Dec. 26   Quick Lane   Detroit, Mich.   2:30 p.m. (ESPN)   Boston College (6-6) vs. Maryland (6-6)

Dec. 26   Independence   Shreveport, La.   5 p.m. (ESPN2)   Vanderbilt (6-6) vs. NC State (6-6)
Back to the top

Wow - three bowl games today and not a single team with a record above .500.  I know getting to 6 wins and enjoying the extra 15 practices would be a big deal for FAU, but this doesn't look like a good day of football to me.  I am hopeful the new staff can find a way to get 7 or more wins next season - it just looks and feels a lot better for bowl teams to have winning records. 
Back to the top

Rick said

Dec. 26   St. Pete   St. Petersburg, Fla.   11 a.m. (ESPN)   Miami (Ohio) (6-6) vs. Mississippi State (5-7)

Haven't been keeping up with this as much as I should… since when are you allowed to play in a bowl game with less than 6 wins? I know they want teams with big followings but 5-7 is ridiculous.
Back to the top
Control functions: