Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2019 Boca Raton Bowl Moves to Saturday; ABC

Add topic

After spending five years on the Tuesday evening before Christmas and being aired on ESPN, the Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl will be in a different place on the calendar and dial this year. The 2019 edition will kick off at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 21, and will be televised on ABC.

The game will be played at FAU Stadium on the campus of Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton and will be carried nationally on ESPN Radio and locally on ESPN 106.3.

“Cheribundi is proud to be back as the title sponsor and official muscle recovery drink for our third Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl,” said Cheribundi CEO Steve Pear. “The Boca Raton and Palm Beach County communities are a top-notch location to host one of the most exciting ESPN bowls of the season. Cheribundi is part of the daily training regimen for over 265 professional and collegiate sports teams, providing muscle recovery, boosting immunity and improving sleep.”

All five of the previous Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl games have taken place on the Tuesday evening immediately prior to Christmas, meaning the Saturday afternoon kickoff is a new day and time for the game. The calendar for the 2019 college football bowl season is significantly later than it has been in past years, impacted by Thanksgiving falling on November 28 and conference football championship games taking place on the weekend of December 6-7. That meant the bowl schedule couldn’t start until Friday, December 20, and the day where the Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl had traditionally taken place – the Tuesday before Christmas – would be Christmas Eve this year.

“This will be our first opportunity to play the Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl under the beautiful Florida sunshine,” said Doug Mosley, Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl executive director. “While we really enjoy our traditional Tuesday evenings for the game, this year we will move ‘Boca’s biggest annual outdoor party’ onto what is typically a perfect-weather day during that time of year.”

The 2019 Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl will select its two participating teams from its three partner conferences:  Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference and the American Athletic Conference. The bowl week activities will include beach parties, pep rallies, a kickoff luncheon, community outreach and other activities throughout Boca Raton and Palm Beach County.

"We're eager to welcome a national network audience to Boca Raton for this year's game," said Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer. "We look forward to showcasing our beautiful city on ABC and enjoy yet another successful Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl."

“We are excited to kick off the holiday tourism season in Palm Beach County with the Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl at FAU, in partnership with the City of Boca Raton and ESPN, “said Verdenia Baker, Palm Beach County Administrator. “ This is our opportunity to showcase the Palm Beaches as the ‘Perfect Place’ to experience our lifestyle sports destination.”
Back to the top

This is great!  
Back to the top

Boca Raton bowl

What conferences are playing in this year's bowl ?
Back to the top

MAC & AAC.
Back to the top

Thanks Rick. I have been googling  it and couldnt find it. I hope i need to think about travel plans for a bowl game.
Back to the top

Wow, this seems like a great thing for the Boca Bowl.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Wonder if UCF will implode and end up back in Boca  :Big-Grin:

if you go back and take a look at their board, they have lost 2 very close games (both on the road) and many are ready to fire Heupel.  But after the crowd they brought to the game a few weeks ago, I bet the Boca Bowl would love to have them!
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Wonder if UCF will implode and end up back in Boca  :Big-Grin:

if you go back and take a look at their board, they have lost 2 very close games (both on the road) and many are ready to fire Heupel.  But after the crowd they brought to the game a few weeks ago, I bet the Boca Bowl would love to have them!
Posted On: Oct 7th 2019, 6:28 PM #389464

If UCF is in the Boca Bowl, they won't have fans
Back to the top
Control functions: