Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Schmidt Complex for Academic & Athletic Excellence Groundbreaking Renderings

Add topic

walty12 said

Have had conversations with people who know.

This isn't getting done for awhile.  Saw people on the board saying this fall.  Nope.
Posted On: Aug 21st 2017, 11:35 AM #370099

fencing is going up, on the site, but no machines on site yet. suspect they have to get the utlity lines marked.
Back to the top

Nice!!
Back to the top

The U of Miami (FL) is in the news for this;

Miami opens crowdfunding campaign for indoor practice facility

They need $2M to complete their funding. What do you guys think of this idea?
Back to the top

I think they'll get it because they're Miami. People want to give to winners or big names.

Crowdfunding at this level would not work for us. The big donors have already given. The small donors could make a small dent but not $2M.

There are still too many people who feel FAU sucked them dry when they were students and see attempts like this as continuing to leech onto them. Exacerbating the issue is that the team has not done well since 2008 and so people don't see the same big picture as, say, people on this board or the Schmidts when they get a private sit-down with people like President Kelly.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

The U of Miami (FL) is in the news for this;

Miami opens crowdfunding campaign for indoor practice facility

They need $2M to complete their funding. What do you guys think of this idea?
Posted On: Aug 28th 2017, 2:26 PM #370269

Crowdfunding? Why? Don't they have a major TV deal like SEC does? Don't they have several former athletes that made it to the NFL that can raise this amount without putting a dent in their pockets?
Back to the top

From what I know crowd funding isn't allowed in athletics due to their partnership with Leerfield. If it was I'm sure they could get something to help the complex get started.
At this point it's just smoke and mirrors with the fences.
Back to the top

It's been almost a month since the Boca Bowl, has construction ramped up? Or are we still in a holding pattern….

Back to the top

cbboarder said

It's been almost a month since the Boca Bowl, has construction ramped up? Or are we still in a holding pattern….

Posted On: Jan 13th 2018, 2:21 PM #376330

CB, I was wondering the VERY SAME THING this a.m.! Told construction would start after the Bowl game, well……..
Back to the top

They put these banners up but I think they're still tinkering with the final design…
Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: