Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Josh Jarobe, Troy 4star transfer from Oak looks to be arrested....

Re: Josh Jarobe, Troy 4star transfer from Oak looks to be arrested....

owlfamily said

And back on topic,

None of FAU's players have prior arrests for bringing a gun to school or made rap video exposing the virtues of using semi automatic weapons that I know of.

I'd advise stop calling FAU players thugs on your board, the only player that fits that description so far that I've seen is Jarobe.

I don't think FAU players are thugs. Personally, I would rather refer to them as "unsportsman-like players" - who sometimes play dirty.

Troy players still upset at FAU
-> http://www.dothaneagle.com/dea/sports/college/troy/article/troy_players_still_upset_at_fau/40937/

By Jon Johnson

Published: October 13, 2008

… Wideout Kennard Burton saw the replay of the hit and thought Hampton’s knee buckled before St. Clair’s hit, but it was the actions of FAU players afterwards that drew his ire.

“They were celebrating after he hurt it, saying he was out for the season,” Burton said. “None of us appreciated it. They showed that they didn’t have any class and that’s why they are where they are, 1-5, because they’re not coachable.”

Franks backed his teammate’s comments on FAU players’ behavior after the hit to Hampton.

“They got up laughing, saying ‘Your season’s done now,’ stuff like that,” Franks said. “It’s a game, obviously, but when you hurt somebody, that’s not something you want. That made everybody mad.”

Franks said he wasn’t sure who made the comment after Hampton’s hit.

“I distinctly remember someone saying ‘We’re glad you’re out for the season,’” Franks said. “They’re a good team. I can’t take anything away from them, but I don’t believe in any of that kind of stuff. It’s a war, but it’s a game. To wish harm on somebody, I don’t think that’s right.” …

Reg. FAU/Texas

fkadougutx: You lovin' me now little owlers?  ….reality bites sometimes doesn't it?  Your players not only suck but are dirty…at least 3 LATE HITS ON OUR QB….very classy…that's a reflection of your drunken scumbag coach….tell me…how does my —  taste?    be sure to come back and bow to your sensai …..BOW…
-> Owl's Nest

Dr. Drunkenstein: Never in my life…have I seen such an arrogant fan base and a misguided coach backing such a clownish, dirty football team. FAU will never be relevant in my lifetime. I am embarrassed you got the exposure from playing Texas - you didn't deserve it.
-> Owl's Nest

- - - - - - -

FAU vs. Texas – game blog (updated frequently)

Posted by Ted Hutton at 7:12 PM

"It's one thing to play tough, but now FAU is playing dirty. … FAU defense had two cheap shots"

-> Flip Flop Football | FAU vs. Texas -- game blog (updated frequently)
Back to the top

Trojan2003 said

owlfamily said

And back on topic,

None of FAU's players have prior arrests for bringing a gun to school or made rap video exposing the virtues of using semi automatic weapons that I know of.

I'd advise stop calling FAU players thugs on your board, the only player that fits that description so far that I've seen is Jarobe.

I don't think FAU players are thugs. Personally, I would rather refer to them as "unsportsman-like players" - who sometimes play dirty.

Troy players still upset at FAU
-> http://www.dothaneagle.com/dea/sports/college/troy/article/troy_players_still_upset_at_fau/40937/

By Jon Johnson

Published: October 13, 2008

… Wideout Kennard Burton saw the replay of the hit and thought Hampton’s knee buckled before St. Clair’s hit, but it was the actions of FAU players afterwards that drew his ire.

“They were celebrating after he hurt it, saying he was out for the season,” Burton said. “None of us appreciated it. They showed that they didn’t have any class and that’s why they are where they are, 1-5, because they’re not coachable.”

Franks backed his teammate’s comments on FAU players’ behavior after the hit to Hampton.

“They got up laughing, saying ‘Your season’s done now,’ stuff like that,” Franks said. “It’s a game, obviously, but when you hurt somebody, that’s not something you want. That made everybody mad.”

Franks said he wasn’t sure who made the comment after Hampton’s hit.

“I distinctly remember someone saying ‘We’re glad you’re out for the season,’” Franks said. “They’re a good team. I can’t take anything away from them, but I don’t believe in any of that kind of stuff. It’s a war, but it’s a game. To wish harm on somebody, I don’t think that’s right.” …

Reg. FAU/Texas

fkadougutx: You lovin' me now little owlers?  ….reality bites sometimes doesn't it?  Your players not only suck but are dirty…at least 3 LATE HITS ON OUR QB….very classy…that's a reflection of your drunken scumbag coach….tell me…how does my —  taste?    be sure to come back and bow to your sensai …..BOW…
-> Owl's Nest

Dr. Drunkenstein: Never in my life…have I seen such an arrogant fan base and a misguided coach backing such a clownish, dirty football team. FAU will never be relevant in my lifetime. I am embarrassed you got the exposure from playing Texas - you didn't deserve it.
-> Owl's Nest

- - - - - - -

FAU vs. Texas – game blog (updated frequently)

Posted by Ted Hutton at 7:12 PM

"It's one thing to play tough, but now FAU is playing dirty. … FAU defense had two cheap shots"

-> Flip Flop Football | FAU vs. Texas -- game blog (updated frequently)

Ok, thanks for the Texas quotes, I didt recall those quotes.

Its no big deal any more to me anymore.  I gave up on changing hearts and minds about the percieved Dirty Play.

;D

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Trojan2003 said

Ironically, you picked two of the most foul mouthed and confrontational visitors we have ever had come to this forum to illustrate your point; both of whom were relieved of thier ability to post here further. ;D

Point taken, now let's get back on topic ;)
Back to the top

So…did we end up 7-6 with a Bowl win because our players cleaned their act up?  Or was the Troy reporter who wrote this just full of crap?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

OwlShooter said

I find it funny that Trojan Delta Chi is ripping someone here for trolling when he sticks his "mouth" in on just about every board/thread out there concerning SunBelt, Troy or FAU football.

He's actually an O.K. guy, except when he chimes in with his moron buddy, Paul of Troy, and a couple of others who instigate the FAU "thug" trash talk, and who - through their classless, antagonistic postings all over the place - give Troy a bad name.

They and a few other Troy "fans" started the "thug" talk after some FAU fans cheered at Troy in 2007 after Omar Haugabook went down with an injury. The talk intensified after the ULM players charged the fence and tried to fight FAU fans, who were nasty and a few of whom threw some ice onto the endzone turf.

Then, in 2008, the talk got really nasty when Jamie Hampton was injured in the FAU game at Lockhart. Some Troy fans insist they saw intent in the hit by FAU defensemen.

Mike Jarvis' ejection twice this season (once at Troy) in basketball made matters worse. of course, none of them were at the most recent game (I was) to see that the Jarvis ejection and TFs were blown out of proportion.

These few (and I do mean few) vocal Troy "fans" will never credit FAU for anything and never climb out of their glass houses long enough to see that Troy students have thrown ice and other projectiles onto opposing teams and personnel (even some Troy cheerleaders); a student who jumped onto the field and stole another team's "spirit stick",  only to be chased into the stands by the opposing team's players; and have defended a receiver who apparently was involved in an assault.

Bottom line: There are a few bad apples in every bunch and these big mouths should think before criticizing.

i have always been polite here.  this is not my board.  i do speak up from time-to-time, but i am not trolling.

"This is Troy's conference. We just play in it. There are some people who claim that no one can separate themselves in the SBC on talent alone. They are wrong." - CajunNation
Back to the top

Trojan said

i'm not defending Jarboe, but aren't yall taking the role of "kettle" in this scenario?

Um…..there's quite a big difference between late hit's on the football field and bringing a gun to school and on top of that assaulting someone at the student union.  Our guys aren't angles but at least they obey the law.
Back to the top

the FAU "incident" involved both teams, Jarboe's deal is an inhouse issue. 

"This is Troy's conference. We just play in it. There are some people who claim that no one can separate themselves in the SBC on talent alone. They are wrong." - CajunNation
Back to the top
Control functions: