Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2010 Recruiting

Add topic

Re: 2010 Recruiting

2010 Recruiting

owlcountry said

Rick said

OL Dylan Bostick (6-6 280) of Neptune, FL

6-6/280 is definitely good size for a freshman OL.

Oh yeah…great size…

If the competition pool stays put, believe we have a great shot…

Back to the top

Anyone heard anything on QB Jake Medlock?  Football Recruiting - Jake Medlock - Player Profiles - ESPN

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Owlando said

Anyone heard anything on QB Jake Medlock?  Football Recruiting - Jake Medlock - Player Profiles - ESPN

Tough competition there but as we all know with Coach running a pro set and the proliferation of the spread offense, pure pocket passers have very few places to play.

Hence his interest in the program I would imagine.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I'm not so sure Howard would go after a QB that is 6'1.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Jonathan Watters
Pepperell, HS
6'-4", 186
Prostyle QB

Three "Stars" on Scout.com profile

Said FAU has seen his tapes, has called, and "wants to talk" further with him…
Back to the top

Rick said

Jonathan Watters
Pepperell, HS
6'-4", 186
Prostyle QB

According to ESPN U, who gets their data from Scouts, Inc. Watters is not a ranked QB nor is he considering FAU

Football Recruiting - Jonathan Watters - Player Profiles - ESPN

Even at 6'1" Medlock would be a solid recruit.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Scout.com is a division of FoxSports - a competitor

ESPN is sometimes reliable…for example, check out This link …although he is not coming here now, Angrande signed an LOI with FAU…and they still have him as a verbal to FIU?

As far as Watters interest, and rankings, see below:

Back to the top

Bryan Paull
OL
6'-5", 285 LBS

"Paull said he would be interested in UM if the Canes recruit him seriously, but for now the main attention is coming from FAU."

Story
Back to the top

Rick said

Bryan Paull
OL
6'-5", 285 LBS

"Paull said he would be interested in UM if the Canes recruit him seriously, but for now the main attention is coming from FAU."

Story

I know why they do it but it always annoys me when these players are like, "Look! I got a scholarship offer from someone! But rather than be grateful that I have an opportunity to go to college, I choose to use this offer announcement to talk about how I'd rather play for someone else!"

As if FSU and Miami are just trolling the local papers to find prospects. If you're good and they want you, they'll come to you.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

I know why they do it but it always annoys me when these players are like, "Look! I got a scholarship offer from someone! But rather than be grateful that I have an opportunity to go to college, I choose to use this offer announcement to talk about how I'd rather play for someone else!"

:D  Couldn't agree more…
Back to the top
Control functions: