Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU and the Curse of the BEAT Shirts

Re: FAU and the Curse of the BEAT Shirts

FAU and the Curse of the BEAT Shirts

It was brought to my attention last Saturday when requesting the above photo, by a lovely group of willing ladies, that shirts were in fact made for Wagner, and not just a Face Book image.

Here is the proof:

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

If memory serves correctly, the Owls, despite a narrow margin (7-3), did in fact "Beat" the Seahawks.

Thus we have disproved the theory that "Beat" shirts are a curse.

This thread will now die a cruel death, although it has been fun to entertain…….

;D

AND, I must strongly agree with a portion of the overall sentiments presented by the provider of the Beat Wagner photo:

"Truly, people need to stop stressing about the shirts and actually attend the game."

Point well taken considering that half the student left during the contest.

Touche!

Back to the top

The problem ain't the shirts, it is the teams attitude and performance in ALL games that matters! Go Owls!
Back to the top

The problem with the Beat shirts is not the win loss record….its that it is lazy, old idea.  I would like to see a new original idea for the shirt give aways.  There has to be one original clever idea for a shirt give away from a university that 30k students…"BEAT" = LAME BORING UN-ORIGINAL IDEA.
Back to the top

I like what we did for the FIU and Troy game. I don't think "Destroy Troy" is getting old anytime soon. I hope we continue to schedule them when we leave the belt to keep our rivalry going (We are rivals according to NCAA video games) lol. Plus, I consider Troy a rival since we were the two teams at the top of the conference in our bowl-game/Rusty Smith/Lockhart days and were always battling for first place. Eventhough  we only beat them twice ever it's still fun to hate them.. At least I think so.
Back to the top

Any new shirt curses coming this year?  Lord I hope not.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Any new shirt curses coming this year?  Lord I hope not.
I hope so the beat shirt curse is not real we have lost games well because we are not that talented. Any you hand out a T-Shirt that gets students more excited for the game that week its a good thing.
Back to the top

I'd rather see an FAU shirt than an UF or UM shirt. These beat shirts provide free shirts for students that are willing to rep FAU everywhere they go. I don't mind a "curse" as long we get something out of it. We get added school spirit around campus and through out Boca, so I'l say it's worth it.
Back to the top

Didn't they give out FAU shirts yesterday during the freshmen welcome celebration? I read something about turning in an old FAU shirt and getting a new one.

Did anybody go and get one? What does it say?

I saw a white shirt with the winged FAU logo on the front in blue and then a jersey-style "ROOKIE 13" on the back (13 for 2013). Maybe that's it.
Back to the top

Instead of beat shirts…they now have beat buttons. 
Back to the top

Did they mistakningly print them with "Beat FAU!" because its ourselves that have been beating ourselves.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: